Friday, December 16, 2011
New Bill in Congress: Hate Crimes Against the Homeless Statistics Act of 2011
One To See Change Past Posts
- ► 2015 (94)
- ► 2014 (113)
- ► 2013 (154)
- ► 2012 (507)
- The Sex Offender Registry (It's time for a discuss...
- Iowa needs to fix its child abuse registry
- Tenth Circuit holds that sex offender's run for th...
- Cheap Shot - Dr Drew
- Nine ways to stop sex offenders from committing ne...
- Sex Offender Registry - Part of a Plan for Global ...
- Newest Videos from Sex offender Issues
- Judge rules sex offenders can stay overnight in Gr...
- Did Aliahna die in a 'sex offender ghetto'?
- Annual Shiitake Awards Show - Last Appeal for Part...
- Sex Offender Issues: FL - January trial set for Co...
- Mandated Reporting of Child Abuse Suspects - Fierc...
- Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
- New found blogspot....
- GA - Local vigilantes, who like anonymity, trying ...
- Kent turns down expanding rules for sex offenders:...
- Reader opinions: Geographic restrictions on Level ...
- Sex Offender Issues: Megan's Law - Infliction of E...
- Sex Offender Issues: Megan's Law - Infliction of E...
- Lnking website to FDLE sites?
- The Jessica's Law Nightmare in California: Fuck It...
- Great overview of Sex offense
- December voting for theShiitake Awards which spotl...
- New Bill in Congress: Hate Crimes Against the Home...
- Appeals court throws out child porn conviction
- Reform Sex Offender Laws in Wisconsin: Even the Ch...
- Sex Offender Reports, Charts and Other Papers: The...
- Online commenter IDs may be divulged
- Sex Offender Issues: Sex Offenders Nude Photo Goes...
- Jerry Sandusky’s lawyer suggests calling a gay sex...
- My Interview on the Dr. Drew show today
- OH - Juvenile Sex Offenses On The Rise (Or are the...
- WA - Lawmakers debate notifications for juvenile s...
- Calling all Women! We Need Your Help!
- Child Molester Sues Former Tenant on Judge Pirro
- NV - Lawyer - Nevada's new sex offender laws are u...
- OK - Add Juveniles to Sex Offender Lists or Lose G...
- PA - State targets sexual abuse of children
- MT - Vigilante using name of city employee to send...
- Massachusetts Sex Offender Resource Blog: Incarcer...
- Ex-Penn State coach Sandusky arrives at courthouse...
- City will have to pay attorney fees for sex offend...
- Sex Offender Issues: Are You a Sex Offender?
- Reform Sex Offender Laws in Wisconsin: How Young i...
- Possible Hate Crimes Against Former Homeless Sex O...
- Sex Offender Issues: Are You a Sex Offender?
- favorable sex offender ruling in California court
- From the New York RSOL - Thanks for the honesty, S...
- Florida teen detained by TSA for design on her pur...
- Absent dad, health issues mean lean times for fami...
- eAdvocate: The Community Room: Topic: Employment
- EDWARD INGHRIM: Proposal would create more bureauc...
- eAdvocate: The Community Room: Whats Happening in ...
- CA - Laguna Hills OKs ban on sex offenders in park...
- Pennsylvania Lawmakers Debate Sex Offender Legisla...
- Sex Offender Issues: Erin’s Law would mandate sex ...
- TX - Amarillo City Commission backs sex offender o...
- WA - Timberline - Port Angeles High School - Shoul...
- Canada - How Useful Are Public Sex Offender Regist...
- Reform Sex Offender Laws December Digest, 2011
- The Sex Offenders Registry Wants YOU!
- New site....
- ▼ December (63)
"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~Abraham Lincoln
One to See Change's Blog List
Meet the LEAST anonymous "Anonymous" member, Sondra Mary Horne Whatley aka "Rebel Child" and other bullshit names - So it was recently brought to my attention that Valerie "Valigator" Parkhurst's imaginary friend has been making some more idle threats against me. After I...10 hours ago
Parole officer accused of raping woman during home visit - CORAL SPRINGS, Fla. (WSVN) -- A South Florida parole of […]16 hours ago
Sentencing Law and Policy: Do tough sex offender restrictions really hurt women and children more than keeping them safe? - Sentencing Law and Policy: Do tough sex offender restrictions really hurt women and children more than keeping them safe?18 hours ago
Residency Restrictions In Lynn Mass. Knocked Out – Read why it’s important to FAC | Florida Action Committee - Residency Restrictions In Lynn Mass. Knocked Out – Read why it’s important to FAC | Florida Action Committee Where is their "Second Chance"?1 day ago
Mass. Supreme Court strikes down residency laws; Compares them to Japanese internment camps - This morning the highest court in Massachusetts struck down residency restrictions in Lynn, Massachusetts! Kudos to the ACLU of Massachusetts who filed sui...3 days ago
Courthouse News Service: Alabama Sex Offender Law Challenged - Another challenge to Alabama's SO laws has been filed. http://www.courthousenews.com/2015/08/26/alabama-sex-offender-law-challenged.htm Alabama Sex Offende...4 days ago
My Challenge to the Dr. Drew Show (and why most opinions about the Jared Fogle case aren't worth a five dollar footlong) - Everyone has been having a field day with the revelation that former Subway sandwich spokesman Jared Fogle is pleading guilty to both possession of child p...1 week ago
A Grandma Reflects on Sex Offender Laws: “My Husband Would Have Gone to Jail” - *8-7-15 Anywhere USA:* Following up on the Zach Anderson case — the 19 year old on the Sex Offender Registry for 25 years for having consensual sex with a...3 weeks ago
GAO Releases New Drug Shortages Report for Drugs Containing Controlled Substances - The Government Accountability Office (GAO) recently released a new report on shortages of prescription drugs containing controlled substances. The report l...5 months ago
Child abuser awarded £20k damages in Facebook case – Londonderry Sentinel - Child abuser awarded £20k damages in Facebook case – Londonderry Sentinel. A convicted child abuser who featured on a Facebook page set up to monitor paedo...5 months ago
Alive, just been busy busy - Just another quick post that things are well, just settled into a new life down here in the Keystone State with all the positives and negatives that come w...1 year ago
This blog is now our ARCHIVE, any new deaths will be posted in our NEW Blog. - However our work has not ended, we are continuing in our new blog HERE. One of several changes is, that we will no longer track foreign deaths. In our new ...1 year ago
13-New Bills in Congress: Affecting sex offender issues PART-II - 1-29-2013 Washington DC:The following bills have been introduced in Congress and MAY have some applicability to former sex offenders, and now the text of t...1 year ago
Does this make sense? - So your loved one is locked up in prison for an internet sex sting where they were speaking to an adult and there was no real victim. There was only talk b...1 year ago
~Adlia Stevenson U.S. Vice President (1893–1897) and Congressman (1879–1881)
On a Personal Note
As you know, many young men and women lives across the nation are being destroyed by incarceration, life-time registry and restrictive laws that do more harm than good. For those individuals, there is no second chance.
Below is a personal letter to President Obama:
* * * *
“Dear President Obama,
I truly agree with your sentiments that individuals, such as ex-felons, should be able to receive a second chance at life. Since we all know that one can veer off that path of life and travel along rough, rocky terrain, sometimes running off and ending up in some ditch. We all have made our fill of mistakes and sometimes those held a costly consequence that changed life forever. So we lived through it, trying harder to make things right with family, friends and those around us, but what about those who aren’t able to make things right even if they tried…because they’re labeled as too dirty, a leper, a person who is rejected from society and home.
But what if they’re a seventeen year old and had sex with a fifteen year old, consensual at that? Or they’re a teen that had gotten so enraged after a breakup that he sent out naked pictures of his girlfriend on his cell phone or email? Or an individual urinates where someone just happens to see them?
All are wrong and a travesty but do they deserve the life of no second chance with a registry that ends all. They are labeled, no jobs, no where to live…they have been deemed a menace to society, a plague. These certain circumstances, and many other situations similar to these, I believe still deserve a second change.
Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution
Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
After my son’s early release and two years of prison, I thought I had handled that fact graciously knowing after serving his time he would be able to get that fresh start, that second chance. He was an exemplary inmate, GED, college courses and vocational classes. Little did I know that a second chance on the outside was the farthest from the truth? He now struggles and lives in a trailer park sharing a trailer with another and surrounded by others in the same rocking boat, one to float endlessly in shark infested waters. I see him little because of probation requirements (he couldn’t live with us because we were 800 feet near a school). My family is afraid of what would happen to them if he lived with them…vigilantism. My son has no other place to stay since others condemn him of his crime that is screamed from the highest rooftop. Sex offender, sex offender!
Not all sex offenders are pedophiles or predators but some are simply young kids that make one stupid and rash decision that eventually changes everything, and they have no idea what they’ve done until their life is never their own. Exactly, where is that second chance for those sex-offenders who are lumped together with pedophiles and predators? Now, it makes me sick to think of my son’s future and many like him that are on the registry and many with no second chance…ever. I am asking you as a mother and as another concerned citizen of the United States that these laws are looked at again and taken into serious consideration in what they are doing to the Constitution of the United States, not for sex offenders in general but the future rights of every citizen, before anymore are put into effect. They unjustly strip an offender of their rights and place them in a guillotine that can be easily set off by anyone and at anytime. Where is the second chance for ex-sex offenders in the present, pending and future laws?”
* * * *
What truly saddens me is the weakness and deterioration of what the sex offense issue is doing to our once, great nation. Across Europe, others are seeing the injustice and disregard of rights, but we ignore this problem and it makes me wonder where humanity is heading….
We have become a hysterical society in which our latest witch-hunt is a sex offender--no matter his/her crime.
Below is a email sent from a foreign advocate to a father of a sex offender:
* * * *
“The tragic story of your son's death is just so sad that it's difficult to explain how. It was very hard to read your letters. It seems almost unbelievable that this can take place in a democracy! From our point of view, there is no justice in this. Not in any way: not for you, your son, the former girl friend – or even the state.
It is an abusive legal system. It seems barbaric. And we are so very sorry that this takes place. That's why it's so important for us to try to neutralize the debate with this…, hopefully making some changes. ….. to show the every day life of the sex offenders, trying to show how they keep on being punished, even after served prison time…..But we will for sure tell the story of the injustice that your son has been exposed to.”
* * * *
I appreciate everyone's commitment and backing to protect everyone's civil rights, plainly as noted in the Constitution of the United States and is presupposed, giving ALL men are “life, liberty and pursuit of happiness.”