Saturday, December 31, 2011
Tenth Circuit holds that sex offender's run for the border does not preclude registration requirements
Tuesday, December 27, 2011
No registration needed, and the categories are explained.
Derek "The Fallen One" Logue Webmaster, www.oncefallen.com "Through Wisdom and Knowledge Shall We Rise From The Ashes" Donations needed (PayPal): email@example.com
Monday, December 26, 2011
Tuesday, December 20, 2011
Sunday, December 18, 2011
Friday, December 16, 2011
Kent turns down expanding rules for sex offenders: Instead, City Council creates task force to probe community education about the issue
By Kyle McDonald | Staff Writer
Kent City Council established a task force to examine community education about sexual predators
Wednesday after rejecting an ordinance to impose living restrictions on sex offenders.
The task force, proposed by Councilman Garrett Ferrara, will create dialogue between the Kent’s Board of
Education, Safety Department and city administration to explore the effectiveness of current public education about sex offenders and if more can be done.
“I expect to hear positive results on what is being done already, but you have to send a message to people that it’s a concern and it’s a sensitive issue,” Ferrara said, adding that it will help raise awareness of the issue even current education of predators is found to be effective.
The proposed ordinance council considered, modeled after similar municipal ordinances across the country and offered by Kent Planning Commission member Anthony Catalano, suggested expanding on the state’s restrictions on where sex offenders can live.
Ohio law restricts sex offenders from living within 1,000 feet of a school or daycare center. Catalano suggested increasing that to 2,500 feet and expanding it to include parks, playgrounds and other areas where children gather under council’s discretion.
Kent Police Chief Michelle Lee and Law Director Jim Silver said the ordinance could create more problems than solutions.
Silver said expanding living restrictions up to 2,500 would not leave offenders many, if any, options, and could be considered unconstitutional housing discrimination.
“This type of ordinance could be subject to challenge in a lawsuit and have been challenged across the state and in other state,” he said.
Lee said her research found that similar ordinances can create “a false sense of security” and “studies don’t look good as far as its effectiveness.”
“I’m all for the protection of children and doing what we can do, I just don’t know if this is going to be what it takes,” she said, adding that enforcement would be difficult.
Lee also said that in most cases child sex offenders are known to the victims, with very few instances involving strangers.
Ferrara said the issue doesn’t seem like one that can simply be cured with legislation.
“It appears that education and awareness of the issue is the best defense,” he said.
Sex offenders are required to register with the sheriff’s department in the county where they reside. A full list of registered Portage County sex offenders and their addresses can be found at http://ohio.esorn.net/portage.>
Sex Offenses - An OverviewSex offenses include a myriad of criminal sexual behaviors, ranging from prostitution to rape. If you or one of your family members is facing a sex-offense charge, it is very important to obtain the legal representation of an experienced criminal defense attorney like one at Ronald L. Ecker II of Melbourne, Florida. The penalties for a sex offense conviction can be serious and life-changing, but many defenses are available. Contacting an attorney as soon as possible allows the evidence to be evaluated and witnesses to be questioned soon after the event.
What Is A Sex Offense?Sex offenses include all forms of illegal sexual activity, ranging from the crime of rape, usually defined as sexual penetration without consent, to the crime of prostitution, usually defined as sex for hire. The most serious crimes involve the sexual assault of children or include physical injury. Other sex offenses include public indecency, voyeurism, prostitution, solicitation, pornography, date rape, lewd acts, pandering, pimping, statutory rape and unlawful sodomy.
Rape, Sexual Assault, Date Rape and Statutory RapeUnwanted sex acts are generally regarded as rape. However, these criminal offenses are also commonly referred to as "sexual abuse" or "sexual assault." A wide range of activities may be included under these definitions. Statutory rape, for instance, is sexual activity with a person under the legal age of consent. Date rape is a nonlegal term for forcible sexual activity between people who know one another during a social engagement. Regardless of the circumstances, there are serious penalties for individuals found guilty of these sex crimes. Prosecutors and the police focus on sexual offenses, so if you or someone you know is accused of or arrested for a sex crime, you need to contact an attorney immediately. Contact an experienced criminal defense attorney to discuss your situation.
Victimless Sex OffensesA victimless crime, sometimes termed a consensual crime, a crime without victims or a complainantless crime is a "crime that is considered to have no direct victim, usually because only consenting adults are involved." Black's Law Dictionary. State laws regarding victimless sex offenses vary greatly, but state statutes typically address victimless sex offenses such as prostitution, pandering, solicitation, indecent exposure and illegal possession of pornography. The penalties for victimless sex offenses, such as solicitation of a minor or child pornography, are severe; often involving felony convictions, jail or prison time, sexual offender treatment programs and lifetime registration as a sexual offender. For other offenses such as indecent exposure, the penalties are generally less severe; they range from fines and community service to felony charges and incarceration. If you have been arrested for a victimless sex offense, contact a law firm immediately to schedule a consultation with a criminal defense attorney who can clearly explain your rights and options.
Sex Offender RegistryAll states require sex offender registration of some kind. Individuals convicted as sex offenders must register their addresses with law enforcement. Sex offenders must also send updates whenever they change addresses and must keep their registration information current. Some states require sex offenders to verify information on a yearly basis via mail or more frequently if deemed violent predators. States have different requirements regarding what offenses require registration and for what periods of time. Additionally, some offenses that are more serious may require registration for life. Serious crimes vary by state, but most commonly include repeat offenders, violent sexual offenders and those who commit sexual crimes against children. If you are concerned about your status under these rules, contact a knowledgeable attorney from our firm for help and advice.
False AllegationsFalse allegations may occur, most often in child sex-abuse situations. An adult may have influenced a child's allegation or the child may have based his or her accusation on an overactive imagination. Public awareness of child abuse has increased and more reports of possible abuse are being made, but not all reports are substantiated. Also, even good-faith accusations may not be true and false allegations may be made to harm the accused. If you find yourself the victim of false allegations, a criminal defense attorney can help you take immediate action to defend yourself.
December voting for theShiitake Awards which spotlights the worst stories of the year from people and business who exploit former offenders to promote causes, generate votes or raise money.
Derek "The Fallen One" Logue
"Through Wisdom and Knowledge Shall We Rise From The Ashes"
Donations needed (PayPal): firstname.lastname@example.org
Wednesday, December 14, 2011
Tuesday, December 13, 2011
Massachusetts Sex Offender Resource Blog: Incarceration, Probation, and Life After as an RSO: How the Move Went, Motivation, Send a Prisoner You...
Thursday, December 8, 2011
Tuesday, December 6, 2011
Monday, December 5, 2011
Saturday, December 3, 2011
Only in Florida....Is it really known as the first Police State of the US?
Thursday, December 1, 2011
Quote of the month: --submitted by Gail
"We need to incarcerate those we fear and not those we are mad at."
Wednesday, November 30, 2011
Sex Offender Reports, Charts and Other Papers: Double/Triple/Quadruple Counting of the number Reg...
Tuesday, November 29, 2011
Monday, November 28, 2011
age 41 sentenced 1988 and 26 YO sentenced in 1999. And none have committed another crime since?
– Rex Kistler, 32, now listed by the SVOR as being noncompliant and address verification overdue, listed the rest stop and Walmart parking lot at 1500 N. Seventh Ave. in Bozeman as his place of residence. His information was last updated Nov. 15. He was charged for second-degree criminal sexual conduct in Michigan and sentenced Sept. 26, 1995. No further details of the offense were listed, nor were any victims listed. He was supposed to register with the Bozeman Police Department, according to the website.
– Fermin Jake Villanueva, 41, charged for third-degree sexual assault on a 12-year-old girl in Laramie, Wyo., has reportedly told officials he lives in the Super Walmart parking lot at 4000 Highway 93 South in Missoula. He was sentenced Aug. 16, 1988. His information was last updated Sept. 2, according to the SVOR.
– Jessie Anthony Garramone, 26, told the state he was living at the Walmart parking lot at 2750 Prospect Ave. in Helena. He was charged in Illinois for aggravated criminal sexual assault involving a 5-year-old boy and sentenced Dec. 1, 1999, according to the SVOR. Garramone’s information was updated Aug. 2.
Both Villanueva and Garramone were in compliance in registering with their local police departments, according to the state website.
If you would also like to advertise on our blog, see the following link:
We will place a link to your organization on the left of our blog, and also on our Facebook page, also on the following page on our blog:
#soissues #SexOffenderIssues #SexOffender #Lawyer #SexCrime #Advertise
Bill Blathers Molester Monday - Satire for 11/28/2011: Sex Offender's Spouses and Children are NOT victims
Tuesday, November 22, 2011
Monday, November 21, 2011
Crazy that one person wishes to make money off someone else's pain. Vindictive Danielle needs to seriously look at her own life. Tsk, tsk...
I truly pity someone so unhappy with their own life that they feel that have to ruin another....
What do they say, "what goes around comes around"....
Sunday, November 20, 2011
There are four things that a lawyer can do for someone on the Registry:
|Hosted by: Bill Blathers|
Title: Are Sex Offender Registry Laws Tough Enough?
|Time: 11/21/2011 08:45 PM EST|
Episode Notes: Molester Mondays Green Room - Learn your talking points - Starts at 8:45pm ET Molester Mondays - Starts at 9:05pm ET - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - What is the history of Sex Offender Registry (SOR) laws in the United States? What social, political and medical philosophies were influential at one point in time then fell away into obscurity? Tune in and find out about SOR law history.
Thursday, November 17, 2011
After reading this article from the UK, ask yourself the defference in how these people are treated. Are they getting help with thier issues. Are they being ignored or cast from thier homes to live under bridges? Hmm....At least some countries are trying to get it right and humanely done with promise.
"However defence agent Tommy Allan argued that it would be safer to sentence him in the community where he could be helped with his issues, while facing the threat of jail if he failed to comply.
Sheriff Napier agreed and imposed a three year community payback order during which Hall will be placed on the sex offenders’ register.
He must also spend the next year staying at home from 7pm until 7am every night and take part in a joint sex offenders’ programme"
Wednesday, November 16, 2011
Monday, November 14, 2011
Sunday, November 13, 2011
Tune in and listen to what the family members of sex offenders have to say about registry laws.
When it comes to America's Convicted Sex Offenders, do we really know who these people really are? Do we understand how wide the Sex Offender Registry (SOR) laws are? Does the news media present a fair and balanced view of sex offenders in the news?
Sex offender family members are often on the front lines of this contentious issue since it is their addresses that are also shared on public sex offender registry websites even though the laws are aimed at protecting the nearby neighborhood children.
Tune-in and let the opinions fall where they may and learn something about America's Sex Offender Registries at the same time.
This Podcast was created using www.talkshoe.com
Sex Offender "Cures", Faux Treatments and Other Science FictionsMonday, November 07, 2011 9:04 PMMolester Mondays Green Room - Learn your talking points - Starts at 8:45pm ET
Molester Mondays - Starts at 9:05pm ET
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What do we know about the mental health of those sexual deviants on the Sex Offender Registries?
Should all Registered Sex Offenders be Civilly Committed to protect the community from these dangerous monsters?
Should society pay for castration surgeries to help indigent sex offenders in an act of kindness to them?
Do Mentally Disordered Sex Offenders have the right to you that they are cured when we all know they are sick?Media files
One To See Change Past Posts
- ► 2016 (210)
- ► 2015 (194)
- ► 2014 (113)
- ► 2013 (154)
- ► 2012 (507)
- The Sex Offender Registry (It's time for a discuss...
- Iowa needs to fix its child abuse registry
- Tenth Circuit holds that sex offender's run for th...
- Cheap Shot - Dr Drew
- Nine ways to stop sex offenders from committing ne...
- Sex Offender Registry - Part of a Plan for Global ...
- Newest Videos from Sex offender Issues
- Judge rules sex offenders can stay overnight in Gr...
- Did Aliahna die in a 'sex offender ghetto'?
- Annual Shiitake Awards Show - Last Appeal for Part...
- Sex Offender Issues: FL - January trial set for Co...
- Mandated Reporting of Child Abuse Suspects - Fierc...
- Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
- New found blogspot....
- GA - Local vigilantes, who like anonymity, trying ...
- Kent turns down expanding rules for sex offenders:...
- Reader opinions: Geographic restrictions on Level ...
- Sex Offender Issues: Megan's Law - Infliction of E...
- Sex Offender Issues: Megan's Law - Infliction of E...
- Lnking website to FDLE sites?
- The Jessica's Law Nightmare in California: Fuck It...
- Great overview of Sex offense
- December voting for theShiitake Awards which spotl...
- New Bill in Congress: Hate Crimes Against the Home...
- Appeals court throws out child porn conviction
- Reform Sex Offender Laws in Wisconsin: Even the Ch...
- Sex Offender Reports, Charts and Other Papers: The...
- Online commenter IDs may be divulged
- Sex Offender Issues: Sex Offenders Nude Photo Goes...
- Jerry Sandusky’s lawyer suggests calling a gay sex...
- My Interview on the Dr. Drew show today
- OH - Juvenile Sex Offenses On The Rise (Or are the...
- WA - Lawmakers debate notifications for juvenile s...
- Calling all Women! We Need Your Help!
- Child Molester Sues Former Tenant on Judge Pirro
- NV - Lawyer - Nevada's new sex offender laws are u...
- OK - Add Juveniles to Sex Offender Lists or Lose G...
- PA - State targets sexual abuse of children
- MT - Vigilante using name of city employee to send...
- Massachusetts Sex Offender Resource Blog: Incarcer...
- Ex-Penn State coach Sandusky arrives at courthouse...
- City will have to pay attorney fees for sex offend...
- Sex Offender Issues: Are You a Sex Offender?
- Reform Sex Offender Laws in Wisconsin: How Young i...
- Possible Hate Crimes Against Former Homeless Sex O...
- Sex Offender Issues: Are You a Sex Offender?
- favorable sex offender ruling in California court
- From the New York RSOL - Thanks for the honesty, S...
- Florida teen detained by TSA for design on her pur...
- Absent dad, health issues mean lean times for fami...
- eAdvocate: The Community Room: Topic: Employment
- EDWARD INGHRIM: Proposal would create more bureauc...
- eAdvocate: The Community Room: Whats Happening in ...
- CA - Laguna Hills OKs ban on sex offenders in park...
- Pennsylvania Lawmakers Debate Sex Offender Legisla...
- Sex Offender Issues: Erin’s Law would mandate sex ...
- TX - Amarillo City Commission backs sex offender o...
- WA - Timberline - Port Angeles High School - Shoul...
- Canada - How Useful Are Public Sex Offender Regist...
- Reform Sex Offender Laws December Digest, 2011
- The Sex Offenders Registry Wants YOU!
- New site....
- As Congress joins national discussion about sex ab...
- The Jessica's Law Nightmare in California: Anderso...
- Sex Offender Reports, Charts and Other Papers: Dou...
- Sex Offender Issues: Savior, Please - Josh Wilson
- Florida Action Committee Community Call.
- http://sexcrimeswitchhunt.wordpress.com/ View mo...
- VA - No jail time for former state police captain ...
- 2011 Shiitake Awards - Cast your Vote
- Sex Offender Issues: AR - Sex Offender's Records E...
- Abolish the Sex Offender Registry: I know a wrong ...
- Abolish the Sex Offender Registry: People should n...
- The Jessica's Law Nightmare in California: High Te...
- The False Rape Society: How does this happen in th...
- Sandusky charges bring focus on Pa. sex crime laws...
- North Carolina sex offender sentenced 5.5 to 7.5 y...
- Oops! Wrong Names Posted on Ohio Sex Offender Site...
- Scanner ramps up school security - more panic out ...
- Has the state made being labeled a sex offender to...
- Sex Offender Issues: UK - Criminals and cyber bull...
- Let's.attack Walmart...get attention and then some...
- Child porn offenders sentenced - Farmington Daily ...
- Lawyers wanted...
- Pennsylvania Sex Offender Bill Flying Under the Ra...
- FL - 12-year-olds investigated for sex crime after...
- Bill Blathers Molester Monday - Satire for 11/28/2...
- Happy Thanksgiving, wherever you might be!
- Who do you think exploit sex offender issues for f...
- Colorado - Some Local Police Overcharge for Regist...
- Through the Eyes of the Offender: So when is child...
- Reform Sex Offender Laws in Wisconsin: Help Us Bri...
- Vigilante blogger out to ruin lives....
- Sex Offender Issues: IN - Young Kids Hard Time - A...
- The False Rape Society: Former Marshall student cl...
- Penn State Rape Victim Denies Assault, Jerry Sandu...
- Boy, 6, accused of sexual assault
- Protecting Kids from Sex Offenders - Views from th...
- Virginia atty - Sex Offender Registry Issues
- Talkshoe with Bill Blathers - Are Sex Offender Reg...
- Little Rock: HALL PASS: Preventing sex offenders o...
- Sex offender on 12 month curfew
- Vancouver - Chilliwack 'superheroes' must stop vig...
- Virginia - assessment of sex offenders flawed, stu...
- Convicted sex offender sentenced to 20 year - fail...
- Study Finds Fault With Sex-Offender Restriction La...
- IN RE RYAN - Filed: November 9, 2011.
- How effective are background checks in protecting ...
- Child abuse: We’re making the problem worse
- Request from Matthew 25 Ministries
- Britain - Sex attack sentencing needs reform
- US legal system should differentiate between types...
- Tomorrow night, Monday, November 14th - Molester M...
- ▼ December (63)
One to See Change Blog List
Understanding the Supreme Court: Roles of the Chief Justice - By Stephen Wermiel . . . When Chief Justice John Roberts takes his place in the middle seat on the bench, he is performing his most visible and widely know...5 hours ago
Black Democrats Ask to Join Wisconsin Prison Task Force | Wisconsin News | US News - Black Democrats Ask to Join Wisconsin Prison Task Force | Wisconsin News | US News1 day ago
The promise and importance of apology: The need for apologies to be heard and not dismissed. - By *Alissa Ackerman, PhD, David Prescott, LICSW, & Kieran McCartan, PhD* Will an authentic apology ever be enough? This is a question we asked ourselves t...1 day ago
Chris Krych's Involuntary Imprisonment is for Revenge and Punishment - Something scary from MN-MSOP for Halloween...2 weeks ago
As suspected, a Lessley family member was arrested in the arson of registrant's home in Robinwood - [image: Jessie Lessley] The relationship between Jessie, Jeb and Jessica Lessley aren't mentioned but I did call it, I said a member of the Lessleys were ...1 month ago
A Practitioner's Guide To Treating the Incarcerated Male Sex Offender - *National 123683:* This volume is devoted to the treatment of the adult male sex offender. Not only does this group form the bulk of the problem for corre...1 month ago
Man accused of setting fire to sex offender's house in Jefferson County - *8-20-17 Alabama:* The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office announced Friday an arrest in connection with a house fire earlier this summer. Jessie Lessley, ...2 months ago
Sex offender commits suicide before prison term begins - *6-4-17 Pennsylvania:* WEST CHESTER >> The 67-year-old man who was to begin a state prison sentence late last month for sexually assaulting a young girl a...3 months ago
Child Safety at Sea: Freed and Stuart Talk Cruise Policies to Protect Kids - *4-24-17 National:* Protecting kids at sea has been a hot topic of late, as some major cruise lines have adjusted their pool policies to add lifeguards. M...6 months ago
"If we’ve learned anything . . . it’s that we need to slow down the rush to judgment . . . ." - Laura Kipnis, professor, Northwestern University, urges the Northwestern community not to rush to judgment on an alleged sexual assault. Here's a letter sh...9 months ago
Voting for the 2016 Shiitake Awards going on now until March 1, 2017 - VOTE HERE -- https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/F5NZN2J The 8th Annual Shiitake Awards is here! For 8 years now, the annual Shiitake Awards spotlights the mos...10 months ago
Alive, just been busy busy - Just another quick post that things are well, just settled into a new life down here in the Keystone State with all the positives and negatives that come w...3 years ago
Inside HSCA Guest Blog, MJ Wylie: UDI Marks a Turning Point in Healthcare - *This blog is excerpted from its original post at Today's Medical Developments.* The U.S. medical device industry continues to innovate, producing sophis...3 years ago
~Adlia Stevenson U.S. Vice President (1893–1897) and Congressman (1879–1881)
On a Personal Note
As you know, many young men and women lives across the nation are being destroyed by incarceration, life-time registry and restrictive laws that do more harm than good. For those individuals, there is no second chance.
Below is a personal letter to President Obama:
* * * *
“Dear President Obama,
I truly agree with your sentiments that individuals, such as ex-felons, should be able to receive a second chance at life. Since we all know that one can veer off that path of life and travel along rough, rocky terrain, sometimes running off and ending up in some ditch. We all have made our fill of mistakes and sometimes those held a costly consequence that changed life forever. So we lived through it, trying harder to make things right with family, friends and those around us, but what about those who aren’t able to make things right even if they tried…because they’re labeled as too dirty, a leper, a person who is rejected from society and home.
But what if they’re a seventeen year old and had sex with a fifteen year old, consensual at that? Or they’re a teen that had gotten so enraged after a breakup that he sent out naked pictures of his girlfriend on his cell phone or email? Or an individual urinates where someone just happens to see them?
All are wrong and a travesty but do they deserve the life of no second chance with a registry that ends all. They are labeled, no jobs, no where to live…they have been deemed a menace to society, a plague. These certain circumstances, and many other situations similar to these, I believe still deserve a second change.
Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution
Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
After my son’s early release and two years of prison, I thought I had handled that fact graciously knowing after serving his time he would be able to get that fresh start, that second chance. He was an exemplary inmate, GED, college courses and vocational classes. Little did I know that a second chance on the outside was the farthest from the truth? He now struggles and lives in a trailer park sharing a trailer with another and surrounded by others in the same rocking boat, one to float endlessly in shark infested waters. I see him little because of probation requirements (he couldn’t live with us because we were 800 feet near a school). My family is afraid of what would happen to them if he lived with them…vigilantism. My son has no other place to stay since others condemn him of his crime that is screamed from the highest rooftop. Sex offender, sex offender!
Not all sex offenders are pedophiles or predators but some are simply young kids that make one stupid and rash decision that eventually changes everything, and they have no idea what they’ve done until their life is never their own. Exactly, where is that second chance for those sex-offenders who are lumped together with pedophiles and predators? Now, it makes me sick to think of my son’s future and many like him that are on the registry and many with no second chance…ever. I am asking you as a mother and as another concerned citizen of the United States that these laws are looked at again and taken into serious consideration in what they are doing to the Constitution of the United States, not for sex offenders in general but the future rights of every citizen, before anymore are put into effect. They unjustly strip an offender of their rights and place them in a guillotine that can be easily set off by anyone and at anytime. Where is the second chance for ex-sex offenders in the present, pending and future laws?”
* * * *
What truly saddens me is the weakness and deterioration of what the sex offense issue is doing to our once, great nation. Across Europe, others are seeing the injustice and disregard of rights, but we ignore this problem and it makes me wonder where humanity is heading….
We have become a hysterical society in which our latest witch-hunt is a sex offender--no matter his/her crime.
Below is a email sent from a foreign advocate to a father of a sex offender:
* * * *
“The tragic story of your son's death is just so sad that it's difficult to explain how. It was very hard to read your letters. It seems almost unbelievable that this can take place in a democracy! From our point of view, there is no justice in this. Not in any way: not for you, your son, the former girl friend – or even the state.
It is an abusive legal system. It seems barbaric. And we are so very sorry that this takes place. That's why it's so important for us to try to neutralize the debate with this…, hopefully making some changes. ….. to show the every day life of the sex offenders, trying to show how they keep on being punished, even after served prison time…..But we will for sure tell the story of the injustice that your son has been exposed to.”
* * * *
I appreciate everyone's commitment and backing to protect everyone's civil rights, plainly as noted in the Constitution of the United States and is presupposed, giving ALL men are “life, liberty and pursuit of happiness.”