Wednesday, August 29, 2012
Monday, August 27, 2012
Thursday, August 23, 2012
Wednesday, August 22, 2012
- How lawmaking works and what advocates need to know to have an impact on the process
- What changes experts recommend regarding current sexual offense laws
- How to organize effective advocacy/support groups and grow professional communications networks
- Janice Bellucci, civil rights attorney and President, California Reform Sex Offender Laws
- Amy Borror, Public Information Officer for the Ohio Public Defender's Office
- Erin Comartin, doctoral candidate at Michigan's Wayne State University
- Dr. George Geysen, clinical and forensic psychologist who is an expert in the assessment and treatment of persons with problem sexual behavior and sexual offenses
- Melissa Hill, criminal appeals attorney representing the American Civil Liberties Union of New Mexico on the New Mexico Sentencing Commission's Sex Offender Management Board Defense Lawyers’ Association
- Dr. Eric A. Imhof, Psy.D., President/Clinical Director of Specialized Treatment and Assessment Resources, P. A.
- Tamara Rice Lave, former public defender and current Associate Professor, University of Miami School of Law
- Cisco McSorely, New Mexico Senator and Chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee
- Norm Pattis, nationally acclaimed trial lawyer frequently sought as co-counsel for those who have unjustly been denied liberty
- Phil Taylor, licensed sex offender treatment provider who has worked with parolees and probationers for 20 years
Sunday, August 19, 2012
Friday, August 17, 2012
Congrats to "ICAC" Cyber stings on establishing Florida as "The Pedophile Capital of the United States." Great Job, and I'm sure Florida tourism, thanks you also.
Thursday, August 16, 2012
Tuesday, August 14, 2012
Reason Online (blog)
But this is a fundamental problem that comes from the U.S.'s "S" for "sex offender" scarlet letter way of sentencing. Perhaps someone who raped a 9-year-old has no business being outside of jail. Or, if they do, after hopefully being actually guilty ...
See all stories on this topic »
Monday, August 13, 2012
Sunday, August 12, 2012
Don’t forget to check out FAC’s hosting article this month (15th of every month) called, “True Confessions” -From a RSO POV by JEV.
This month’s column “Vigilantism,” is a topic taken from JEV’s upcoming book, “Prison Without Conviction."
From: Kevin Foley <firstname.lastname@example.org>
To: Kevin Scott Foley <email@example.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 9, 2012 11:39 PM
Subject: American Sex Offender's most important development since the fundraiser
Thursday, August 9, 2012
Tuesday, August 7, 2012
FL - David Rowe of No Peace For Predators is agree his own words making him look bad? | Sex Offender Issues - News, studies, videos and articles about sex offender laws
Monday, August 6, 2012
Thursday, August 2, 2012
The poster child of sex offenders who altered their digital identity is Fran Kuni, who changed his name ... These digital absconders create two obvious problems .
Wednesday, August 1, 2012
One To See Change Past Posts
- ► 2016 (210)
- ► 2015 (194)
- ► 2014 (113)
- ► 2013 (154)
- Man sentenced in Clay County sex sting | News – Ho...
- Are you with me?
- Sex Offender Statistics: Male and Female Child Mur...
- VA - Teacher: False molestation charge has ‘been a...
- 4th Annual RSOL Conference • Catching the Dream of...
- Articles of Interest
- Ohio - How many sex offenders on the walk to schoo...
- Sex offender conference coming to ABQ
- MN - Rep. Kerry Gauthier admitted to rest stop sex...
- Congrats to "ICAC" Cyber stings on establishing Fl...
- AR - Sheriff Mike Smith Posting Sex Offenders' Inf...
- New York Post Outraged That Sex Offenders Accepted...
- Hearing in Walden regarding new sex offender law -...
- "True Confessions - from an RSO POV," by JEV: Vigi...
- American Sex Offender - Video Blog 8.13.12
- News Science Science and scepticism Why g...
- NY - More draconian sex offender laws - Not exactl...
- Dateline NBC continues to push the 100,000 missing...
- Links of Interest
- Gray State
- Our America with Lisa Ling - Labeled for life
- Deleted Scenes: A Normal Person Again
- DC - Hearing on the re-re-authorization of the Ada...
- US legal system should differentiate between types...
- FL - David Rowe whining to the media about his own...
- IN - Elkhart police conduct death (murder) investi...
- Various Interpretations (I guess two can play at t...
- FL - David Rowe of No Peace For Predators is agree...
- David Rowe cries to media as he gets a taste of hi...
- Florida - Child advocate targeted online
- Re-think what you believe about the registry and t...
- "Cyber-security" legislation killed by Senate fili...
- Florida: Sex offenders landlord slapped with code ...
- Rape a dangerous issue for men - The Daily O'Colle...
- "Preventing Sex-Offender Recidivism Through Therap...
- Study: 1 in 6 sex offenders lives digital double l...
- Browse|Movies |Upload OK - Oklahoma City sex offen...
- RSOL Monthly Digest
- CA - Allowing porn in Public Libraries?
- Bills in Congress Coming Up for Consideration this...
- Florida Rights Restoration Coalition
- Bills in Congress Coming Up for Consideration this...
- ▼ August (43)
- ► 2011 (1492)
One to See Change Blog List
Be wary of emotionally charged laws named after dead people - There’s an old adage in politics that says “it’s always better to do something than nothing.” One look at emotionally charged legislation like Kate’s Law...1 day ago
As some states reconsider sex-offender registries, an Alabama resident argues the state’s for-life requirements are too much | Free | annistonstar.com - As some states reconsider sex-offender registries, an Alabama resident argues the state’s for-life requirements are too much | Free | annistonstar.com5 days ago
Restorative Justice & Sexual Harm: Restoration, Reconciliation, Retribution? - *By Kieran McCartan, PhD, & David Prescott, LISCW* One of the authors was at a public engagement event recently and met a person who had been sexually ass...6 days ago
Time for Alabama to join the 21st century and reform their backwards registry law - First off, what purpose does your interactive map serve? Someone in Bullock County might believe their county is a "sex offender haven," but in reality, fe...1 week ago
Middle School Teacher Suspected of Sex With Student Kills Herself in Front of Police - *5-11-17 Colorado:* A longtime Colorado middle school teacher killed herself in front of police as they approached her home this week as part of an invest...4 weeks ago
Child Safety at Sea: Freed and Stuart Talk Cruise Policies to Protect Kids - *4-24-17 National:* Protecting kids at sea has been a hot topic of late, as some major cruise lines have adjusted their pool policies to add lifeguards. M...2 months ago
Jared Fogle Beaten and Bloodied in Prison Yard Ambush - *3-16-2016 Colorado:* Jared Fogle, 39, got a surprise beatdown in federal prison from an inmate who has major issues with child molesters ... TMZ has lear...4 months ago
"If we’ve learned anything . . . it’s that we need to slow down the rush to judgment . . . ." - Laura Kipnis, professor, Northwestern University, urges the Northwestern community not to rush to judgment on an alleged sexual assault. Here's a letter sh...5 months ago
Voting for the 2016 Shiitake Awards going on now until March 1, 2017 - VOTE HERE -- https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/F5NZN2J The 8th Annual Shiitake Awards is here! For 8 years now, the annual Shiitake Awards spotlights the mos...6 months ago
Alive, just been busy busy - Just another quick post that things are well, just settled into a new life down here in the Keystone State with all the positives and negatives that come w...3 years ago
Inside HSCA Guest Blog, MJ Wylie: UDI Marks a Turning Point in Healthcare - *This blog is excerpted from its original post at Today's Medical Developments.* The U.S. medical device industry continues to innovate, producing sophis...3 years ago
~Adlia Stevenson U.S. Vice President (1893–1897) and Congressman (1879–1881)
On a Personal Note
As you know, many young men and women lives across the nation are being destroyed by incarceration, life-time registry and restrictive laws that do more harm than good. For those individuals, there is no second chance.
Below is a personal letter to President Obama:
* * * *
“Dear President Obama,
I truly agree with your sentiments that individuals, such as ex-felons, should be able to receive a second chance at life. Since we all know that one can veer off that path of life and travel along rough, rocky terrain, sometimes running off and ending up in some ditch. We all have made our fill of mistakes and sometimes those held a costly consequence that changed life forever. So we lived through it, trying harder to make things right with family, friends and those around us, but what about those who aren’t able to make things right even if they tried…because they’re labeled as too dirty, a leper, a person who is rejected from society and home.
But what if they’re a seventeen year old and had sex with a fifteen year old, consensual at that? Or they’re a teen that had gotten so enraged after a breakup that he sent out naked pictures of his girlfriend on his cell phone or email? Or an individual urinates where someone just happens to see them?
All are wrong and a travesty but do they deserve the life of no second chance with a registry that ends all. They are labeled, no jobs, no where to live…they have been deemed a menace to society, a plague. These certain circumstances, and many other situations similar to these, I believe still deserve a second change.
Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution
Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
After my son’s early release and two years of prison, I thought I had handled that fact graciously knowing after serving his time he would be able to get that fresh start, that second chance. He was an exemplary inmate, GED, college courses and vocational classes. Little did I know that a second chance on the outside was the farthest from the truth? He now struggles and lives in a trailer park sharing a trailer with another and surrounded by others in the same rocking boat, one to float endlessly in shark infested waters. I see him little because of probation requirements (he couldn’t live with us because we were 800 feet near a school). My family is afraid of what would happen to them if he lived with them…vigilantism. My son has no other place to stay since others condemn him of his crime that is screamed from the highest rooftop. Sex offender, sex offender!
Not all sex offenders are pedophiles or predators but some are simply young kids that make one stupid and rash decision that eventually changes everything, and they have no idea what they’ve done until their life is never their own. Exactly, where is that second chance for those sex-offenders who are lumped together with pedophiles and predators? Now, it makes me sick to think of my son’s future and many like him that are on the registry and many with no second chance…ever. I am asking you as a mother and as another concerned citizen of the United States that these laws are looked at again and taken into serious consideration in what they are doing to the Constitution of the United States, not for sex offenders in general but the future rights of every citizen, before anymore are put into effect. They unjustly strip an offender of their rights and place them in a guillotine that can be easily set off by anyone and at anytime. Where is the second chance for ex-sex offenders in the present, pending and future laws?”
* * * *
What truly saddens me is the weakness and deterioration of what the sex offense issue is doing to our once, great nation. Across Europe, others are seeing the injustice and disregard of rights, but we ignore this problem and it makes me wonder where humanity is heading….
We have become a hysterical society in which our latest witch-hunt is a sex offender--no matter his/her crime.
Below is a email sent from a foreign advocate to a father of a sex offender:
* * * *
“The tragic story of your son's death is just so sad that it's difficult to explain how. It was very hard to read your letters. It seems almost unbelievable that this can take place in a democracy! From our point of view, there is no justice in this. Not in any way: not for you, your son, the former girl friend – or even the state.
It is an abusive legal system. It seems barbaric. And we are so very sorry that this takes place. That's why it's so important for us to try to neutralize the debate with this…, hopefully making some changes. ….. to show the every day life of the sex offenders, trying to show how they keep on being punished, even after served prison time…..But we will for sure tell the story of the injustice that your son has been exposed to.”
* * * *
I appreciate everyone's commitment and backing to protect everyone's civil rights, plainly as noted in the Constitution of the United States and is presupposed, giving ALL men are “life, liberty and pursuit of happiness.”