Saturday, April 30, 2011
CHAPTER 4 Diagnostic Issues Within Sex Offender Civil Commitment Assessments: Diagnostic Issues Beyond the Paraphilias : Sage Research Methods Online
Wednesday, April 27, 2011
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Monday, April 25, 2011
[But Berlin also said the concerns of residents must be put in context with reality – statistics from the federal Department of Justice show they are less likely to be charged again than those with other types of felonies.
"This is an admirable bill. I want to explore the merits of the bill more thoroughly before I put my full support behind it. I think there's going to be some freedom of speech issues here unless it's decreed by the courts that it's part of the penalties of his parole. The internet has repeatedly been deemed to be an open system on which anybody can express their feelings. I don't know how their going to enforce this. I think it's going to be a nightmare for the courts."
Sunday, April 24, 2011
Sex Offender Issues: "Police cant entrap someone - we can" - Making threats? (PJ video by Willis4play)
PJFI.org launched, non-profit status announced!
With this announcement, we also are pleased to present the umbrella portal for all our various projects, PJFI.org. This website is a nice simple overview of everything we do, from Perverted Justice to Wikisposure to HowtoDealwithCreepyPeople and more. It will be an easy way for anyone to keep up on the various work done by our various endeavors.
As a non-profit, we have now opened our foundation up to taking tax-deductible donations. If you're one of the many people who have contacted us about that in the past, the information is up on the PJFI.org donations page. In the coming week or so, we'll have an online donation option configured and available as well.
We're very pleased to be a non-profit foundation, thanks to everyone who has helped us achieve this important designation.
Saturday, April 23, 2011
Friday, April 22, 2011
Seriously??? I really doubt it. But if you really believe that, then immigrants are in for a world of hellish trouble.
"About PCR Consultants
Thursday, April 21, 2011
To say the least this is a terribly sad story for both parties. What is worse that this teen will have no future no matter his rehabilitation.
"State considers focusing resources on monitoring high-risk offenders"
Wednesday, April 20, 2011
Tuesday, April 19, 2011
Sex Offender Issues: Wal-Smart to start screening all shoppers against the sex offender registry and criminal records, starting May 1st, 2011
Monday, April 18, 2011
Sunday, April 17, 2011
Saturday, April 16, 2011
My friend's 18-year-old son took his 17-year-old girlfriend to the prom and the date ended with him having sex with her. Her mother found out and had him arrested. He is out of jail now and on the registry. He cannot get a job because the registry comes up on a background check. He fears going to college because of the harassment he has seen other friends go through. He may not live at home with his parents because they live withing 2000 feet from a school. Every new law tightens the noose of punishment. He will never have a normal life as long as he lives in Florida. Most other states have a tier system or programs of risk assessment evaluation to determine the likelihood of re-offending. More than that, Michigan is right now changing its laws to institute the tier system. In a tier system, this boy's crime and many other minor offenses, such as victimless crimes, would be considered tier one and not on the registry.
It has become too costly to track all of the people on the registry. So what is Florida doing? Florida is using more legislation and enforcement resources to punish these people over and over again. Who benefits? Not the taxpayer who must foot the bill for enforcement, clogging the courts and tying the hands of judges.
Please vote NO on HB 265.
Friday, April 15, 2011
Then, if this can be the case, what about when a handful of angered parents with wealth and influence ruin not just a couple lives but thousands and thousands. We--okay, "WE" did not allow anything dealing with the Adam Walsh Act, Megan's Law and more pressuring to the injustice of Americans. Emergency session? no quorum....? How did that happen....?
We were railroaded and now blindsided with the chain-reaction that has caused rocks falling from the tallest mountainside, and that avalanche will continue to rain until America is suffocating and beneath the inequitable and punitive rubble of injustice and hate.
Thursday, April 14, 2011
MI - YouTube Prankster Talks About 2-Month Jail Sentence: Scary to Know People Think ‘You’re a Sick Person’
Wednesday, April 13, 2011
IL - Judge T. Jordan Gallagher tells sex offender "You’re a second-class citizen and will be for the rest of your life!"
That's not really professional, Judge T. Jordan Gallagher!
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Monday, April 11, 2011
Before being placed in a registry, the accused deserve to be heardhttp://sexoffenderissues.blogspot.com/2011/04/tx-sex-offender-tag-must-be-accurate.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blogspot%2FjPcH+%28Sex+Offender+Issues%29
Sunday, April 10, 2011
Comment from Ricky:
Please also share this petition by email with 10 or more people. THIS IS FAR MORE IMPORTANT THAN SIGNING IT. If each of us shares it with enough people to get more than one person to sign it, it will sweep the nation.
Saturday, April 9, 2011
Overview of “The policy implications of residence restrictions on sex offender housing in Upstate NY” - Socia - 2011 - Criminology & Public Policy - Wiley Online Library
Friday, April 8, 2011
Interesting outlook near end of article....Can you believe that people don't even consider that there are murderers , thieves and drunken drivers on the road that pass you every single day. Wake up people and realize what you are doing with these people you label se offenders. Most are low-risk, non-violent and never commit a crime again but only to be put back in prison for idiotic infractions such as so-called "absconding" because they have no other place to leave. Most were originally driven by hysteria with their charges.
One To See Change Past Posts
- ► 2016 (210)
- ► 2015 (194)
- ► 2014 (113)
- ► 2013 (154)
- ► 2012 (507)
- Gov. Cuomo: Get Lost, Internet Perverts
- GEO Group and the Big Prison industry
- What is my part in the story …
- Court roundup: Man charged with stabbing cellmate
- NJ sex offender residency rules advance
- Match.com Plans To Ask Users If They're Sexual Pre...
- 4th youth caught in Md: Lawmakers craft bill to re...
- CA - La Mesa police talk crime at community forum ...
- UC ex-doctor Kevess denies sex assault charges
- Onondaga County DA's office gets a call a week abo...
- Australia: Teens earmarked as sexual predators: la...
- Learn about felons, inmates, sex offenders | The M...
- CHAPTER 4 Diagnostic Issues Within Sex Offender Ci...
- OH - Justices Could Rule On Sex Offender Cases
- CA - Gestapo out for registration checks, and the ...
- FL - Judy Cornett calls people sick and monsters, ...
- Sex-offender residency laws / A pointless effort
- Mismatch dot com: How Carole Markin hoodwinked Ame...
- Sex Offender Issues: SOSEN Spring 2011 Newsletter ...
- Prison Talk Online Community - Forum: Sex offender...
- Lawyer Who Exposed Self to Teenager Gets 24-Month ...
- DOE v. PEPLOGLE - Filed: April 26, 2011.
- Coping with sex offenders a community task, Tompki...
- Minnesota's Failed Civil Commitment Program For Se...
- Rape survivor is prolific advocate at Fla. Capitol...
- Murder victim was convicted sex offender - FOX41.c...
- Families of Prisoners Support Group
- 2 Mass. lawmakers: Shut down sex education website...
- The False Rape Society: 'If it's a crime report it...
- Sex Offender Issues: CO - Panel passes measure to ...
- Mismatch dot com: How Carole Markin hoodwinked Ame...
- Finding Direction: Expanding Criminal Justice Opti...
- The False Rape Society: College Women Not Charged ...
- AL - Proposed law would tighten registration, work...
- Sex Offender Issues: KY - Police Investigating Ove...
- Utica NY - Landmarks Society head upset over sex o...
- LA - Danahay: Legislative session will be tough on...
- Match.com Should Not Be Responsible For Vetting Us...
- STATE v. POWELL - Rendered on April 22, 2011.
- "Sex, Cells, and SORNA: Applying Sex Offender Regi...
- NY Child Pornography Case Underscores Wi-Fi Privac...
- 1,000 cops may face discipline for viewing sex cas...
- Sex Offender Issues: "Police cant entrap someone -...
- Canada - Christopher's Law Changes Bolster
- LA - Issues facing 2011 legislative session range ...
- CA - Legal homeless campground proposed for Reddin...
- Law could keep teens off sex offender registry
- Sex Offender Books website
- Who and What Is "The Offender's Wife"?
- UK - Supreme Court ruled sex offender registry vio...
- Some iPhone to Watch Over Me
- Alabama - Proposed law would tighten sex offender ...
- Proposed legislation may broaden sex crime definit...
- Sex Offender Issues: FL - Sex offender charged wit...
- States Consider New Laws To Make Online Dating Saf...
- States seek to make it safer to find love online
- Immigrants: They're the New Sex Offenders
- New website - Post Conviction Relief
- Teen sentenced to Long Creek for sex assault | The...
- Sex offender facing more assault allegations
- Don't rush to judge a paedophile
- MN - 40% of offenders fail on supervised release i...
- Editorial: New law makes punishment fairer for sex...
- UK - Interview: Peter Tatchell on a lifetime of ca...
- Niagara Falls is often a city of unfortunate truth...
- Match.com To Offer Sex Offender Screening
- Girls, 11 and 12, may be charged with cyberstalkin...
- Live life to the fullest. It's the only one we get...
- Pressure mounts on embattled police chief Simon Ov...
- Should Dating Sites Check for Sex Offenders
- Police: Stranger sex assault very rare
- Milo man convicted for the sixth time of failing t...
- Match.com will screen users against sex offender d...
- Sex Offender Issues: Wal-Smart to start screening ...
- How a ‘Tough-on-Crime’ State Became Smart on Crime...
- Why Match.com can't screen out sex offenders
- Sex offender? No thanks, I’ll take prison
- Sexting and the Rush to Criminalize Sexual Express...
- Men's homeless shelter source of concern
- Snags in predator ordinance - Omaha.com
- Sex Offender Screening On Dating Sites Is Messy Bu...
- Council: Do more Maziarz, talk less
- New York Lawmakers Propose Domestic Violence Regis...
- Prison ordered in sex offense case
- CA - Match.com to Screen for Sex Offenders After L...
- IN - Indiana using Offender Watch, and still sprea...
- Should Dating Websites Screen For Sexual Offenders...
- D.A.: No social Net for sex offenders
- New Reads
- Sex Offender Issues
- Of Love And Exile
- "Children Not Of A Lesser God"
- CA -Official: Maziarz part of problem
- Sex Offender Faces More Charges - Video - WESH Orl...
- From a citizen of Florida responding to Bill 265 H...
- Why Match.com shouldn't screen members
- Public may be tuning out high-risk sex-offender al...
- Sex Offender Faces More Charges - Video - WESH Orl...
- State Senate Moves To Restrict Employment for Sex ...
- IL - Senate OKs barring teen sex offenders from sc...
- ▼ April (210)
One to See Change Blog List
FAC Letter to FDLE concerning new registration requirements - As the change to the registration statute, reducing the number of days to register from 5 to 3, will undoubtedly increase the frequency of registration, we...1 day ago
Senile governor has ceremony to pass bad juvenile legislation - Do we really need a ceremony complete with a victim photoshoot? Senile governor Kay Poison-Ivey must actually want to stay in office. Any time you see a ph...4 days ago
AZ RSOL speaks out about SO registration at college campuses - By Mia Armstrong . . . ASU [Arizona State University] works with local law enforcement agencies to ensure that convicted sex offenders who work or study on...2 months ago
Hudson man charged with attacking sex offender with ax - *11-22-17 Wisconsin:* Authorities allege a rural Hudson man on Tuesday attacked a sex offender for the second time since 2016 — this time going after a co...4 months ago
Kentucky State Rep. Dan Johnson dies of self-inflicted gunshot wound in Mt. Washington - *12-14-17 Kentucky:* LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- Kentucky State Rep. Dan Johnson, who was under investigation for alleged sexual molestation, died from a si...5 months ago
Children on Sex Offender Registries at Greater Risk for Suicide Attempts, Study Suggests - *National:* Other risks to children on registries include: Sexual assault, Being approached by an adult for sex, and Mental health problems *Source:* J...5 months ago
Child Safety at Sea: Freed and Stuart Talk Cruise Policies to Protect Kids - *4-24-17 National:* Protecting kids at sea has been a hot topic of late, as some major cruise lines have adjusted their pool policies to add lifeguards. M...1 year ago
"If we’ve learned anything . . . it’s that we need to slow down the rush to judgment . . . ." - Laura Kipnis, professor, Northwestern University, urges the Northwestern community not to rush to judgment on an alleged sexual assault. Here's a letter sh...1 year ago
Alive, just been busy busy - Just another quick post that things are well, just settled into a new life down here in the Keystone State with all the positives and negatives that come w...3 years ago
Inside HSCA Guest Blog, MJ Wylie: UDI Marks a Turning Point in Healthcare - *This blog is excerpted from its original post at Today's Medical Developments.* The U.S. medical device industry continues to innovate, producing sophis...4 years ago
~Adlia Stevenson U.S. Vice President (1893–1897) and Congressman (1879–1881)
On a Personal Note
As you know, many young men and women lives across the nation are being destroyed by incarceration, life-time registry and restrictive laws that do more harm than good. For those individuals, there is no second chance.
Below is a personal letter to President Obama:
* * * *
“Dear President Obama,
I truly agree with your sentiments that individuals, such as ex-felons, should be able to receive a second chance at life. Since we all know that one can veer off that path of life and travel along rough, rocky terrain, sometimes running off and ending up in some ditch. We all have made our fill of mistakes and sometimes those held a costly consequence that changed life forever. So we lived through it, trying harder to make things right with family, friends and those around us, but what about those who aren’t able to make things right even if they tried…because they’re labeled as too dirty, a leper, a person who is rejected from society and home.
But what if they’re a seventeen year old and had sex with a fifteen year old, consensual at that? Or they’re a teen that had gotten so enraged after a breakup that he sent out naked pictures of his girlfriend on his cell phone or email? Or an individual urinates where someone just happens to see them?
All are wrong and a travesty but do they deserve the life of no second chance with a registry that ends all. They are labeled, no jobs, no where to live…they have been deemed a menace to society, a plague. These certain circumstances, and many other situations similar to these, I believe still deserve a second change.
Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution
Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
After my son’s early release and two years of prison, I thought I had handled that fact graciously knowing after serving his time he would be able to get that fresh start, that second chance. He was an exemplary inmate, GED, college courses and vocational classes. Little did I know that a second chance on the outside was the farthest from the truth? He now struggles and lives in a trailer park sharing a trailer with another and surrounded by others in the same rocking boat, one to float endlessly in shark infested waters. I see him little because of probation requirements (he couldn’t live with us because we were 800 feet near a school). My family is afraid of what would happen to them if he lived with them…vigilantism. My son has no other place to stay since others condemn him of his crime that is screamed from the highest rooftop. Sex offender, sex offender!
Not all sex offenders are pedophiles or predators but some are simply young kids that make one stupid and rash decision that eventually changes everything, and they have no idea what they’ve done until their life is never their own. Exactly, where is that second chance for those sex-offenders who are lumped together with pedophiles and predators? Now, it makes me sick to think of my son’s future and many like him that are on the registry and many with no second chance…ever. I am asking you as a mother and as another concerned citizen of the United States that these laws are looked at again and taken into serious consideration in what they are doing to the Constitution of the United States, not for sex offenders in general but the future rights of every citizen, before anymore are put into effect. They unjustly strip an offender of their rights and place them in a guillotine that can be easily set off by anyone and at anytime. Where is the second chance for ex-sex offenders in the present, pending and future laws?”
* * * *
What truly saddens me is the weakness and deterioration of what the sex offense issue is doing to our once, great nation. Across Europe, others are seeing the injustice and disregard of rights, but we ignore this problem and it makes me wonder where humanity is heading….
We have become a hysterical society in which our latest witch-hunt is a sex offender--no matter his/her crime.
Below is a email sent from a foreign advocate to a father of a sex offender:
* * * *
“The tragic story of your son's death is just so sad that it's difficult to explain how. It was very hard to read your letters. It seems almost unbelievable that this can take place in a democracy! From our point of view, there is no justice in this. Not in any way: not for you, your son, the former girl friend – or even the state.
It is an abusive legal system. It seems barbaric. And we are so very sorry that this takes place. That's why it's so important for us to try to neutralize the debate with this…, hopefully making some changes. ….. to show the every day life of the sex offenders, trying to show how they keep on being punished, even after served prison time…..But we will for sure tell the story of the injustice that your son has been exposed to.”
* * * *
I appreciate everyone's commitment and backing to protect everyone's civil rights, plainly as noted in the Constitution of the United States and is presupposed, giving ALL men are “life, liberty and pursuit of happiness.”