Tuesday, May 31, 2011
Friday 6 pm - Sunday 1 pm
August 12-14, 2011
Saint Louis, Missouri
Who is Invited:
All persons interested in working for reform of sex offender laws, especially those interested in becoming leaders in this movement.
Growing a strong, active state organization
Financial and fund-raising strategies
Becoming an effective lobbyist in YOUR state!
$40 per person, Early Bird Price
$10 Member Discount* for members of national or state groups fighting for reform
Cost will be $50 after July 4, 2011. REGISTER TODAY!
For more info visit: https://sites.google.com/s
Sunday, May 29, 2011
Wednesday, May 25, 2011
Tuesday, May 24, 2011
Monday, May 23, 2011
Still trying to figure out what this image has to do with the article. Assume it is implying the on-going hatred....
"BATON ROUGE — Prison inmates and sex offenders who have been released should be banned from utilizing social networking sites on the Internet that could be used to solicit victims, state lawmakers say."
Sunday, May 22, 2011
Thursday, May 19, 2011
Wednesday, May 18, 2011
Check out UK's sex offender registry compared to US's. Seems there is a bit more sense over there.
Tuesday, May 17, 2011
So now the DNA database will help John can catch those alleged 100,000 sex offenders absconded, raight! Some people will listen to anybody and anything. Use your common sense and realize registry for life is overboard and unconstitutional. Besides the AWA and all others laws being implemented, it is downright wrong when it comes to first-time, low-risk, non-violent offenders. Also is there actually a tier one on the AWA?
"The former French finance minister was arrested in New York on Sunday morning just as he was boarding a flight to Paris. A hotel maid has pressed sexual assault charges against him and the 62-year-old faces up to 25 years in prison if proven guilty."
Monday, May 16, 2011
Sunday, May 15, 2011
Saturday, May 14, 2011
Is everything a big joke, lately. This is serious matter when it comes to the sex offender who is falsely accused, a first-time offender, low-risk offender and on the registry for life.
I know what most of you are thinking, let's just shame them so more....why not? They aren't people anyway.
Psychologist Don Sweeney stated that, "you have to offer people hope if you expect them to change. If society only wants to tear them down and doesn't show them anyway back then all hope is lost in their minds and they're more likely to re-lapse. Shaming individuals has been know in history to reduce the likelihood of progression from the perverse event. Is the registration process the most hellistic approach to securing child safety?"
Friday, May 13, 2011
Another thing...why is the rage not against the people making the video or the people that are putting it on the internet. Really, really think about the significance of that for a minute would ya'....
Thursday, May 12, 2011
Riverhead won’t get sex offender shelter
CA - Irvine Council Not Sold on Banning Sex Offenders From Parks - Voice of OC | Orange County's Nonprofit Investigative News Agency: OC South: irvine, irvine city council, sex offenders, city parks, jeff lalloway
"I know everyone needs to live somewhere," Cox said. "I'm not throwing the first stone, but there is concern."
Cote said Lifebridge "doesn't want to become the refuge harboring level 3 sex offenders," but said "if they weren't in a shelter with an 8 p.m. curfew, who knows where they would be?" Cote also said the shelter also limits how many sex offenders are accepted."
Wednesday, May 11, 2011
Someone seriously needs to straighten up people from their ignorant comments. Enlighten them with the fact that sex offenders are not always pedophiles or predators. People need to lumping them together.
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Anthony V. Mangione
The head of Immigration and Customs Enforcement for South Florida has been placed on paid administrative leave, as federal agents investigate four images of child pornography he allegedly received on his home computer via an AOL e-mail account, according to sources familiar with the probe.
Broward Sheriff’s Office and FBI investigators seized Anthony V. Mangione’s computer from his Parkland residence Saturday after obtaining a search warrant based on an alert from AOL, Mangione’s Internet service provider. Sources said Mangione, 50, who has headed the ICE regional office since 2007, was not believed to have received the pictures in connection with any ICE investigation.
The Justice Department probe could take a while to complete as investigators determine whether Mangione sent, received or distributed illegal digital images of children. “It’s going to take some time forensically to examine the computer,” a federal law enforcement official said.
AOL, which monitors the distribution of child pornography by its users, alerted a national nonprofit resource center about the images allegedly sent to Mangione’s computer in recent weeks, sources said. The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children then forwarded the information to a multi-agency task force that investigates child-porn distribution over the Internet.
Investigators issued a subpoena to AOL to find out the identity and computer address of the account user who allegedly received the four images, sources said. The information provided the legal basis for the FBI to obtain the search warrant to enter Mangione’s home and seize his computer. Authorities also have seized his computer from ICE’s office in west Miami-Dade.
“Internet service providers, including AOL, are required by federal law to report apparent violations of the child pornography laws to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, which works with the Department of Justice,” said former Miami federal prosecutor Ryan Stumphauzer. In 2007, he won the conviction of a Biscayne Park man for producing and distributing child-porn over the Internet.
“To comply with this obligation, AOL and other Internet service providers use sophisticated software to detect suspected child pornography images based upon their unique digital fingerprints,” Stumphauzer said.
During the past decade, ICE has aggressively targeted child pornography, with Mangione frequently speaking out against "predators’’ who illegally share images through their computers. ICE also investigates migrant smuggling, illegal weapons exports, terrorism and drug trafficking.
Mangione could not be reached for comment. There are no court records indicating that he has been charged with any crime.
The ICE office in Washington, D.C., declined to comment and referred questions to the Department of Justice. Justice spokeswoman Laura Sweeney declined to comment, as did Miami FBI spokesman Mike Leverock.
As special agent in charge of ICE’s South Florida office, Mangione often lauded the agency’s efforts to fight child pornography in both the cyber and real worlds.
Mangione was planning to retire this summer. He has served his entire 27-year federal career with ICE and its predecessor, the U.S. Customs Service.
Monday, May 9, 2011
Sexually Dangerous Person???? What exactly is that and how is that branched from SO?
Friday, May 6, 2011
Thursday, May 5, 2011
Wednesday, May 4, 2011
One To See Change Past Posts
- ► 2016 (210)
- ► 2015 (194)
- ► 2014 (113)
- ► 2013 (154)
- ► 2012 (507)
- The False Rape Society: By the balls: That's where...
- New Forum - "Sex Offender Issues forum"
- A New Process to Track Sex Offenders
- Jamaica - Sex offender report affects taxi operato...
- CA - Westminster to consider sex-offender ban in p...
- GA - Custody dispute exposes sex offender law issu...
- Ga. woman removed from sex offender list - 8 mos a...
- National Megan’s Law Helpline & Sex Offender Regis...
- UK - No plans to make Sarah’s Law here
- Audit: Sex offenders not being monitored closely e...
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court declares local sex offe...
- Sex Offender Law: Down to the Wire: June 2011
- Sex offender re-arrested after alleged federal vio...
- RSOL Conference in August!
- My mistake that my FAMILY pays for!
- FL - Sex Offenders: Murdered: U.S. Marshals: Alaba...
- Egyptian Banker Arrested in NYC Hotel Attack
- Reviews for A Motion for Innocence...And Justice f...
- Woman charged after damaging security cams at sex ...
- More privatization of the justice system
- Match.com Sex Assault Suit Sent To State Court
- Home> U.S. APNewsBreak: Calif to Change Sex-Offend...
- Registered sex offender re-arrested near Tahoe rec...
- Pa. high court strikes down a county's Megan's Law...
- Audit: Sex offenders not being monitored closely e...
- MI - Koochiching County: Human services could be c...
- Sex offenders often struggle to find place to call...
- AU - Anna Bligh refuses to commit to funding GPS t...
- PA - Sex Offender Law Made 'Penal Colonies' - Forc...
- Sex Offender Issues: OFF TOPIC - What’s the Differ...
- NY - News 10's Fear Mongering Report
- House Passes Bill to Strengthen Sex Offender Laws
- Republicans Protest Bill Reducing Jail Time
- Neighbors of accused sex predator Dominique Straus...
- AR - Sex Offenders Say They Are Harassed, Others N...
- Status of All Offenders on Sex Offender and Child ...
- Metro - Youth can be rehabbed: Expert
- Salem - On the Money Trail With Oregon's Latest Se...
- Legal misandry: The true silent epidemic
- Montana Supreme Court: Teenager must register as s...
- Illinois General Assembly Passes ‘Murderer Registr...
- Sex offender, ex-Greenwich doctor can resume medic...
- AU - Victorian bid to end court secrecy
- ND - Seeking; Human Relations Counselor James Rive...
- LA -Lawmakers seek to ban convict use of social me...
- AIDING MILITARY SEXUAL ASSAULT VICTIMS
- FLorida - When Convicted Sex Offenders Are Release...
- CA - IN RE PHAM Court of Appeals of California, Se...
- Salem - Lifebridge Working to Adapt to Times And N...
- The False Rape Society: Boston Globe Writer: It's ...
- The Adam Walsh Act and Tribes: One Lawyer
- Megans Law Survey: Dr John Chapin and Dr Mari Pier...
- Controversial court ruling produces more questions...
- NY - GC School District Addresses Cyber Bullying C...
- Canada - Decision | Dickson said sex was consensua...
- National Post editorial board: Protecting families...
- It’s All in the Telling
- New Zealand - pupils wise up to online
- Our Bloated National Sex Registry
- IMF's Strauss-Kahn resigns amid sex charges
- FL - Lawmakers want voters to repeal religious fun...
- UK: Q&A: the sex offenders register
- OK - Police say man beaten, tattooed, left for dea...
- CO - Fear Mongering, vigilante media harass an off...
- The good neighbor.
- Sex Offender Issues: RI - Assistant Attorney Gener...
- Deal would end suit brought by Iowa sex offenders
- 'America's NJ - Most Wanted' Host Calls for New St...
- Zero Tolerance: NY Prison System Committed To Prev...
- Europeans wary of losing IMF chair after sex scand...
- Study: 1 million sex crimes by illegals
- WORTH WATCHING: Military Tribute July 4th by Dr. K...
- Oklahoma - violent offenders registry growing quic...
- Informative Studies from the National Association ...
- Sex Offender Issues: Babysitter
- The False Rape Society: Calling all bloggers: we'r...
- Fairfax teacher Sean Lanigan still suffering from ...
- The False Rape Society: Men serving our country ma...
- Author of "Hottest Sex Offenders" list apologizes
- Technology and its Impact on Child Pornography Law...
- Sex Offender Registry Commercial
- Sex Offender Suicides and Other Deaths: Sex assaul...
- ACTION ALERT: Request for Reallocation of Byrne/JA...
- Jill Levensen - Who are the people in your neighbo...
- The False Rape Society: False rape accuser has boy...
- Man sentenced for child pornography
- Man pleads guilty in child pornography court case ...
- SC - Former teacher avoids prison | The Post and C...
- FL - Legislature kills bill that would have monito...
- NY - Riverhead News Review Source: Riverhead won’t...
- CA - Irvine Council Not Sold on Banning Sex Offend...
- MD, Cumberland - Residents raise concerns over wat...
- PEOPLE v. BRIDGES: Failure to Register Nuances
- The False Rape Society: Male Bashing on Campus for...
- Sex Offender Issues: MS - Jury convicts man (Henry...
- TruthToTell Sex Offenders and Treatment--Highlight...
- NY - Deputy seeks help monitoring sex offenders - ...
- ▼ May (174)
One to See Change Blog List
Be wary of emotionally charged laws named after dead people - There’s an old adage in politics that says “it’s always better to do something than nothing.” One look at emotionally charged legislation like Kate’s Law...1 day ago
As some states reconsider sex-offender registries, an Alabama resident argues the state’s for-life requirements are too much | Free | annistonstar.com - As some states reconsider sex-offender registries, an Alabama resident argues the state’s for-life requirements are too much | Free | annistonstar.com5 days ago
Restorative Justice & Sexual Harm: Restoration, Reconciliation, Retribution? - *By Kieran McCartan, PhD, & David Prescott, LISCW* One of the authors was at a public engagement event recently and met a person who had been sexually ass...6 days ago
Time for Alabama to join the 21st century and reform their backwards registry law - First off, what purpose does your interactive map serve? Someone in Bullock County might believe their county is a "sex offender haven," but in reality, fe...1 week ago
Middle School Teacher Suspected of Sex With Student Kills Herself in Front of Police - *5-11-17 Colorado:* A longtime Colorado middle school teacher killed herself in front of police as they approached her home this week as part of an invest...4 weeks ago
Child Safety at Sea: Freed and Stuart Talk Cruise Policies to Protect Kids - *4-24-17 National:* Protecting kids at sea has been a hot topic of late, as some major cruise lines have adjusted their pool policies to add lifeguards. M...2 months ago
Jared Fogle Beaten and Bloodied in Prison Yard Ambush - *3-16-2016 Colorado:* Jared Fogle, 39, got a surprise beatdown in federal prison from an inmate who has major issues with child molesters ... TMZ has lear...4 months ago
"If we’ve learned anything . . . it’s that we need to slow down the rush to judgment . . . ." - Laura Kipnis, professor, Northwestern University, urges the Northwestern community not to rush to judgment on an alleged sexual assault. Here's a letter sh...5 months ago
Voting for the 2016 Shiitake Awards going on now until March 1, 2017 - VOTE HERE -- https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/F5NZN2J The 8th Annual Shiitake Awards is here! For 8 years now, the annual Shiitake Awards spotlights the mos...6 months ago
Alive, just been busy busy - Just another quick post that things are well, just settled into a new life down here in the Keystone State with all the positives and negatives that come w...3 years ago
Inside HSCA Guest Blog, MJ Wylie: UDI Marks a Turning Point in Healthcare - *This blog is excerpted from its original post at Today's Medical Developments.* The U.S. medical device industry continues to innovate, producing sophis...3 years ago
~Adlia Stevenson U.S. Vice President (1893–1897) and Congressman (1879–1881)
On a Personal Note
As you know, many young men and women lives across the nation are being destroyed by incarceration, life-time registry and restrictive laws that do more harm than good. For those individuals, there is no second chance.
Below is a personal letter to President Obama:
* * * *
“Dear President Obama,
I truly agree with your sentiments that individuals, such as ex-felons, should be able to receive a second chance at life. Since we all know that one can veer off that path of life and travel along rough, rocky terrain, sometimes running off and ending up in some ditch. We all have made our fill of mistakes and sometimes those held a costly consequence that changed life forever. So we lived through it, trying harder to make things right with family, friends and those around us, but what about those who aren’t able to make things right even if they tried…because they’re labeled as too dirty, a leper, a person who is rejected from society and home.
But what if they’re a seventeen year old and had sex with a fifteen year old, consensual at that? Or they’re a teen that had gotten so enraged after a breakup that he sent out naked pictures of his girlfriend on his cell phone or email? Or an individual urinates where someone just happens to see them?
All are wrong and a travesty but do they deserve the life of no second chance with a registry that ends all. They are labeled, no jobs, no where to live…they have been deemed a menace to society, a plague. These certain circumstances, and many other situations similar to these, I believe still deserve a second change.
Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution
Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
After my son’s early release and two years of prison, I thought I had handled that fact graciously knowing after serving his time he would be able to get that fresh start, that second chance. He was an exemplary inmate, GED, college courses and vocational classes. Little did I know that a second chance on the outside was the farthest from the truth? He now struggles and lives in a trailer park sharing a trailer with another and surrounded by others in the same rocking boat, one to float endlessly in shark infested waters. I see him little because of probation requirements (he couldn’t live with us because we were 800 feet near a school). My family is afraid of what would happen to them if he lived with them…vigilantism. My son has no other place to stay since others condemn him of his crime that is screamed from the highest rooftop. Sex offender, sex offender!
Not all sex offenders are pedophiles or predators but some are simply young kids that make one stupid and rash decision that eventually changes everything, and they have no idea what they’ve done until their life is never their own. Exactly, where is that second chance for those sex-offenders who are lumped together with pedophiles and predators? Now, it makes me sick to think of my son’s future and many like him that are on the registry and many with no second chance…ever. I am asking you as a mother and as another concerned citizen of the United States that these laws are looked at again and taken into serious consideration in what they are doing to the Constitution of the United States, not for sex offenders in general but the future rights of every citizen, before anymore are put into effect. They unjustly strip an offender of their rights and place them in a guillotine that can be easily set off by anyone and at anytime. Where is the second chance for ex-sex offenders in the present, pending and future laws?”
* * * *
What truly saddens me is the weakness and deterioration of what the sex offense issue is doing to our once, great nation. Across Europe, others are seeing the injustice and disregard of rights, but we ignore this problem and it makes me wonder where humanity is heading….
We have become a hysterical society in which our latest witch-hunt is a sex offender--no matter his/her crime.
Below is a email sent from a foreign advocate to a father of a sex offender:
* * * *
“The tragic story of your son's death is just so sad that it's difficult to explain how. It was very hard to read your letters. It seems almost unbelievable that this can take place in a democracy! From our point of view, there is no justice in this. Not in any way: not for you, your son, the former girl friend – or even the state.
It is an abusive legal system. It seems barbaric. And we are so very sorry that this takes place. That's why it's so important for us to try to neutralize the debate with this…, hopefully making some changes. ….. to show the every day life of the sex offenders, trying to show how they keep on being punished, even after served prison time…..But we will for sure tell the story of the injustice that your son has been exposed to.”
* * * *
I appreciate everyone's commitment and backing to protect everyone's civil rights, plainly as noted in the Constitution of the United States and is presupposed, giving ALL men are “life, liberty and pursuit of happiness.”