Sunday, January 29, 2012
Video Link - FAC President Gail Coletta and FAC Advocate Vicki testifying before the Florida Senate
Below is a link for the Florida Senate:
Great Job to FAC President Gail Coletta and FAC Advocate Vicki testifying before the Florida Senate, Tallahassee!
8:45pm Eastern: Molester Mondays Green Room - Learn your talking points (not recorded)
9:05pm Eastern: Molester Mondays with Bill Blathers (recorded)
10:15pm Eastern: Molester Mondays Green Room post show comments (recorded)
Www.Talkshoe.Com -- Show ID: 113956
Phone call in: 724-444-7444 -- Show ID: 113956
Log In at Www.TalkShoe.Com -- Show ID: 113956
Episode for January 23rd 2012 - The Politics of Sex Offender Laws. Here is only some of what we will aggressively pursue:
- Have sexual predator registration and notification laws produced greater public safety?
- Should we confine a larger number of predatory sexual offenders in civil commitment?
- Should registered sex offenders have reduced legal rights for the benefit of faster prosecutions?
- Should registered sex offenders ever be released from the duty to register?
- Do stiffer prison sentences actually work to protect women and children from rapists and molesters?
Saturday, January 21, 2012
The reason was that I had over many years retained the videographer Peter Benjamin to film classes and concerts, knowing that he was a convicted sex offender who had served a term of imprisonment. I supported him in the sentencing stage of his trial and after his release on the basis of what I saw as his earnest determination to turn his life around, but I did so without inquiring into the exact nature of the charges. This was a grave oversight.
Further, I did not seek the permission of the NEC, based on disclosure of his conviction and imprisonment, to use him as a videographer in the College and the Prep school. I accept that it was not for me to make the decision that it was safe to do so.
For all the upset and anguish my actions have thereby caused in the NEC community and beyond, I profoundly apologize.
He has combined his video skills learned as a child with his music acumen and is unmatched by his expertise in classical music and his ability to capture the sounds and visuals of a first rate classical performance in a professional quality recording. Recently, he videotaped Tony Woodcock, the current president of NEC, teaching an adult master class. At no time has there ever been a complaint or cause for concern occasioned by his videotaping these live events. Contrary to the reporting occasioned thus far, the bulk of the videography he was commissioned to do, involved college or graduate level performances.
A small part of the work Mr. Benjamin has been commissioned to do at the New England Conservatory consisted of documenting rehearsals and performances of the Youth Philharmonic Orchestra. Mr. Benjamin’s work involving the Preparatory School was conducted in group settings, with multiple cameramen that he brought with him and under conditions where it would have been highly unlikely he would have had so much as a conversation with a student.
In 1991, Mr. Benjamin made a serious mistake. For this he was prosecuted, convicted, and imprisoned. Thereafter, of his own volition, Mr. Benjamin entered into and engaged in a very successful four-year intensive therapy program specifically designed to treat individuals who had sexually offended against minor-aged adolescents. The recidivism rate for individuals having completed this program is less than 5%. After Mr. Benjamin completed his sentence in 1998, he was released and placed on supervised probation for five years. As part of his probation Mr. Benjamin was required to work. Mr. Benjamin obtained permission from the probation department to return to his long-time profession of videotaping live music events. While on probation, he was asked to have another adult with him when he was filming at schools or churches to negate any possibility or appearance of impropriety. Probation specifically knew he filmed events at the New England Conservatory. Successfully completing probation, Mr. Benjamin nevertheless kept this precaution in place for years afterwards. Mr. Benjamin has never re-offended and deserves credit for this.
Monday, January 16, 2012
Massachusetts Sex Offender Resource Blog: Incarceration, Probation, and Life After as an RSO: Why Did Benjamin Zander Hire a Sex Offender and Wa...
Jamaica - Sex Offenders’ Registry ready - But courts yet to supply list of perpetrators - Lead Stories - Jamaica Gleaner - Sunday | January 15, 2012
Friday, January 13, 2012
Sex Offender Suicides and Other Deaths: Benton Harbor cop charged with sexual assault: 1-12-2012 Michigan: BENTON HARBOR, Mich. - A former Benton Harbor police officer was arrested today and is now facing prison time if conv...
A former Benton Harbor police officer was arrested today and is now facing prison time if convicted of sexual assault allegations.
42-year-old Jared Graves, a 14-year veteran employee of the Benton Harbor Department of Public Safety was arrested at his home today by Michigan State Police.
Graves mostly sat in silence Thursday afternoon over a video transmission from the jail while the judge read off charges. Graves faces felonies: two for criminal sexual conduct, one for misconduct in office and another for delivery of marijuana.
According to charging documents, on October 5th, Graves investigated a reported smell of marijuana at the Harbor Towers apartment complex right across the street from the police station. Graves took the weed from a 24-year-old woman but never busted her.
According to the complaint, two days later he called the woman to the department, took her in a storage room and threatened to arrest her if she didn't perform sexual acts on him. He gave the drugs back when it was over.
Wednesday, January 11, 2012
Tuesday, January 10, 2012
Child-on-child sex abuse poses complex challenges; States struggle with policy of putting kids on sex-offender registries
35.6% of child sex abuse cases are committed by other minors
Monday, January 9, 2012
Sunday, January 8, 2012
Friday, January 6, 2012
Audio Recording: 'EPISODE1 - THE HUDDLE - TEEN SEX OFFENDERS' From 'THE HUDDLE - TEEN SEX OFFENDERS'
Rest In Peace, Mary.... and thank you for all you've done to propel that momentum.
Thursday, January 5, 2012
Interesting viewpoints from this Lt. Gen. (Ret) ....destroy and tear down our country.
Tuesday, January 3, 2012
One To See Change Past Posts
- ► 2016 (210)
- ► 2015 (194)
- ► 2014 (113)
- ► 2013 (154)
- Jeffrey Epstein Sets the Record Straight
- Video Link - FAC President Gail Coletta and FAC Ad...
- Ninth Circuit Federal Court of Appeals ruled today...
- Verbally assertive training- reforming sex offende...
- Ben Zander Releases Apologetic Statement
- NC - Swx offender Arrested For Failure to Report E...
- Press Release Regarding Peter Benjamin from Swomle...
- AU - Police to publish details from sex offenders'...
- Watch Out,, She's Back!!!
- Conductor Benjamin Zander Fired For Employing Sex ...
- Iowa lawmakers propose special nursing home for se...
- The FL State Senate: Free Harold W. Scism from a w...
- Molester Mondays with Bill Blathers - Live & Recor...
- Massachusetts Sex Offender Resource Blog: Incarcer...
- I Love a Sex Offender: Ending sex crime through aw...
- North Dakota, Minnesota not complying with sex off...
- The False Rape Society: Woman accused of instigati...
- McKenna joins call to reauthorize Violence against...
- Gigantic! Productions Announces Premiere of “True ...
- Jamaica - Sex Offenders’ Registry ready - But cour...
- MI - Benton Harbor cop (Jared Graves) charged with...
- Outgoing Mississippi governor issues nearly 200 pa...
- TX - New Rules for Sex Offenders
- New - Confessions of a Registered Sex Offender
- New Site found: http://nevadans-for-civil-libertie...
- New found blog: http://iloveasexoffender.blogspot....
- Child-on-child sex abuse poses complex challenges;...
- Son of Packers offensive coordinator found dead in...
- Sex Offender Suicides and Other Deaths: YouTube st...
- Reform Sex Offender Laws in Wisconsin: Missouri La...
- Sex Offender Issues: TX - Officer fired for sexual...
- Sex offenders gather in trailer parks
- Iowa - Legislative leaders list goals, urge cooper...
- Defenders track down missing sex offenders - (poss...
- States struggle with national sex offender law
- RSOL - January, 2012 Digest
- Take Note: Tenth Circuit Issues Opinions in 2 Sex ...
- Many states still resisting federal sex offender m...
- Sex-felon residency law vexes everyone
- Cuomo urges expansion of DNA harvests as anti-crim...
- Child-on-child sex abuse: a vast and complicated p...
- Sex Offender Issues: TX - Bandera sex offenders ar...
- Audio Recording: 'EPISODE1 - THE HUDDLE - TEEN SEX...
- eAdvocate: The Community Room: Technical Question:...
- Sex Offenders: Murdered: UPDATED: Attorney Convict...
- Sex offenders in Utah might be able to get names o...
- Sex Offender Issues: FL - Captain's (James Lee Foy...
- Seeking folks for peaceful protest in the NY City ...
- Reported drug use, harassment up at College
- CA - Mission Viejo considers sex-offender ban toni...
- Content Section What Science Reveals About Pedophi...
- Babysitter Confesses to Ind. Girl Murder
- Ruling seeks to clarify sex-offender issue
- Marxism in America - A bit off topic but significa...
- Schools, police vigilant in face of study that poi...
- Wolverton: Punishment should fit the crime | Amari...
- City considers restricting residences of sex offen...
- UK - Human Rights Act Human rights chief issues ...
- Beilue: Residence restriction isn't as good as it ...
- The Jessica's Law Nightmare in California: Healing...
- The False Rape Society: Police: Woman arrested for...
- Politicians Weigh In on Possible Aliahna's Law
- ▼ January (67)
- ► 2011 (1492)
One to See Change Blog List
FAC Letter to FDLE concerning new registration requirements - As the change to the registration statute, reducing the number of days to register from 5 to 3, will undoubtedly increase the frequency of registration, we...1 day ago
Senile governor has ceremony to pass bad juvenile legislation - Do we really need a ceremony complete with a victim photoshoot? Senile governor Kay Poison-Ivey must actually want to stay in office. Any time you see a ph...4 days ago
AZ RSOL speaks out about SO registration at college campuses - By Mia Armstrong . . . ASU [Arizona State University] works with local law enforcement agencies to ensure that convicted sex offenders who work or study on...2 months ago
Hudson man charged with attacking sex offender with ax - *11-22-17 Wisconsin:* Authorities allege a rural Hudson man on Tuesday attacked a sex offender for the second time since 2016 — this time going after a co...4 months ago
Kentucky State Rep. Dan Johnson dies of self-inflicted gunshot wound in Mt. Washington - *12-14-17 Kentucky:* LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- Kentucky State Rep. Dan Johnson, who was under investigation for alleged sexual molestation, died from a si...5 months ago
Children on Sex Offender Registries at Greater Risk for Suicide Attempts, Study Suggests - *National:* Other risks to children on registries include: Sexual assault, Being approached by an adult for sex, and Mental health problems *Source:* J...5 months ago
Child Safety at Sea: Freed and Stuart Talk Cruise Policies to Protect Kids - *4-24-17 National:* Protecting kids at sea has been a hot topic of late, as some major cruise lines have adjusted their pool policies to add lifeguards. M...1 year ago
"If we’ve learned anything . . . it’s that we need to slow down the rush to judgment . . . ." - Laura Kipnis, professor, Northwestern University, urges the Northwestern community not to rush to judgment on an alleged sexual assault. Here's a letter sh...1 year ago
Alive, just been busy busy - Just another quick post that things are well, just settled into a new life down here in the Keystone State with all the positives and negatives that come w...3 years ago
Inside HSCA Guest Blog, MJ Wylie: UDI Marks a Turning Point in Healthcare - *This blog is excerpted from its original post at Today's Medical Developments.* The U.S. medical device industry continues to innovate, producing sophis...4 years ago
~Adlia Stevenson U.S. Vice President (1893–1897) and Congressman (1879–1881)
On a Personal Note
As you know, many young men and women lives across the nation are being destroyed by incarceration, life-time registry and restrictive laws that do more harm than good. For those individuals, there is no second chance.
Below is a personal letter to President Obama:
* * * *
“Dear President Obama,
I truly agree with your sentiments that individuals, such as ex-felons, should be able to receive a second chance at life. Since we all know that one can veer off that path of life and travel along rough, rocky terrain, sometimes running off and ending up in some ditch. We all have made our fill of mistakes and sometimes those held a costly consequence that changed life forever. So we lived through it, trying harder to make things right with family, friends and those around us, but what about those who aren’t able to make things right even if they tried…because they’re labeled as too dirty, a leper, a person who is rejected from society and home.
But what if they’re a seventeen year old and had sex with a fifteen year old, consensual at that? Or they’re a teen that had gotten so enraged after a breakup that he sent out naked pictures of his girlfriend on his cell phone or email? Or an individual urinates where someone just happens to see them?
All are wrong and a travesty but do they deserve the life of no second chance with a registry that ends all. They are labeled, no jobs, no where to live…they have been deemed a menace to society, a plague. These certain circumstances, and many other situations similar to these, I believe still deserve a second change.
Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution
Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
After my son’s early release and two years of prison, I thought I had handled that fact graciously knowing after serving his time he would be able to get that fresh start, that second chance. He was an exemplary inmate, GED, college courses and vocational classes. Little did I know that a second chance on the outside was the farthest from the truth? He now struggles and lives in a trailer park sharing a trailer with another and surrounded by others in the same rocking boat, one to float endlessly in shark infested waters. I see him little because of probation requirements (he couldn’t live with us because we were 800 feet near a school). My family is afraid of what would happen to them if he lived with them…vigilantism. My son has no other place to stay since others condemn him of his crime that is screamed from the highest rooftop. Sex offender, sex offender!
Not all sex offenders are pedophiles or predators but some are simply young kids that make one stupid and rash decision that eventually changes everything, and they have no idea what they’ve done until their life is never their own. Exactly, where is that second chance for those sex-offenders who are lumped together with pedophiles and predators? Now, it makes me sick to think of my son’s future and many like him that are on the registry and many with no second chance…ever. I am asking you as a mother and as another concerned citizen of the United States that these laws are looked at again and taken into serious consideration in what they are doing to the Constitution of the United States, not for sex offenders in general but the future rights of every citizen, before anymore are put into effect. They unjustly strip an offender of their rights and place them in a guillotine that can be easily set off by anyone and at anytime. Where is the second chance for ex-sex offenders in the present, pending and future laws?”
* * * *
What truly saddens me is the weakness and deterioration of what the sex offense issue is doing to our once, great nation. Across Europe, others are seeing the injustice and disregard of rights, but we ignore this problem and it makes me wonder where humanity is heading….
We have become a hysterical society in which our latest witch-hunt is a sex offender--no matter his/her crime.
Below is a email sent from a foreign advocate to a father of a sex offender:
* * * *
“The tragic story of your son's death is just so sad that it's difficult to explain how. It was very hard to read your letters. It seems almost unbelievable that this can take place in a democracy! From our point of view, there is no justice in this. Not in any way: not for you, your son, the former girl friend – or even the state.
It is an abusive legal system. It seems barbaric. And we are so very sorry that this takes place. That's why it's so important for us to try to neutralize the debate with this…, hopefully making some changes. ….. to show the every day life of the sex offenders, trying to show how they keep on being punished, even after served prison time…..But we will for sure tell the story of the injustice that your son has been exposed to.”
* * * *
I appreciate everyone's commitment and backing to protect everyone's civil rights, plainly as noted in the Constitution of the United States and is presupposed, giving ALL men are “life, liberty and pursuit of happiness.”