Dear Leaders in Sex Offender Policy:
If you're getting this message it's because I believe you can help me. A number of lawyers are working with me to lay the foundations for a legal challenge to International Megan's Law if it is signed into law. We expect H.R. 515 to pass on a suspension vote in the House this Monday and be sent to President Obama's desk.
We're looking for ideal plaintiffs and we need your help to find people who meet one of these criteria:
- Does not have a passport, but wants one
- Has a passport about to expire
- Travels internationally a number of times per year (especially for work)
- Has been harassed while traveling in or out of the US based on registration status
- Age at time of offense
- Which of the four (4) categories you fit into
- Would you be willing to be a name plaintiff to challenge this law?
- State you live in
Time is of the essence. Please respond soon and share this with your networks.
Soros Justice Fellow
Human Rights Defense Center
11 Dupont Circle, NW
Washington, DC 20036
"Are We All Sex Offenders?" | TEDx Talk