Wednesday, August 31, 2011
Tuesday, August 30, 2011
Monday, August 29, 2011
Sunday, August 28, 2011
What the heck. This was supposedly a story about a potentially deadly fire and somehow it veered and turned into a story about sex offenders and them possibly reoffending???
"Investigators said although the crimes happened years ago, sexual assault will not be tolerated, no matter when it happened."
Thursday, August 25, 2011
Tuesday, August 23, 2011
Let me introduce myself. My name is Gail, I am the President and Legislative Chair, of the Florida Action Committee, we are the Florida RSOL Affiliate. I believe I have met many of you at the St. Louis conference. I have recruited Rita from NY RSOL and we will begin to coordinate the “March on Washington in 2012”. There is much to do and we have not really gotten too far. What we have identified is we need and want to make this happen. We need a permit and we do not yet have the schedule for the 2012 Legislative session, (so we cannot yet set a date). What we can do is begin the planning. Decide on the actual message of the march and what strategy we will employ to mobilize a HUGE GROUP. I am sending this email as a first point of contact. I was unable to read all of the emails of those who signed up as interested. If you know of anyone else interested please pass this on.
What I need to know from you all is how much are you willing to do to organize for your state.
Once we know who the players are we can schedule a conference call and begin our work. I check email frequently. So let me know what you are willing to do.
I look forward to bringing this to fruition in a “BIG WAY”. Note: Updates will follow!
Let’s get started.
Warm regards to all of our “Warriors”
Florida Action Committee
President and Legislative Chair
Florida Action Committee
Monday, August 22, 2011
Original link: http://www.inbrockton.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9479
Sunday, August 21, 2011
Friday, August 19, 2011
Sad our country has come down to fear and hysteria.
Residents are able to report Paulding County registrants who are failing to comply with registration requirements, employment or supervision restrictions or who are in positions of trust where they have access to children by contacting the Paulding County Sheriff’s Office Crimes against Children Unit at 770-445-6105. The PFML Sex Offender Registration Tips Program allows citizens nationwide to report registrants who are not in compliance. Those tips can be provided through the Helpline or online at www.parentsformeganslaw.org.
Gulledge reminds residents not to use these non-emergency reporting channels to report police emergencies. Dial 9-1-1 in any emergency."
Thursday, August 18, 2011
Wednesday, August 17, 2011
Tuesday, August 16, 2011
Where is the humanity in America?
8:03 AM on August 14, 2011
Fox said he realizes not everyone " believes in what we do,and that's OK but it means you don't have a say. Really Mr. Fox? What if we believe in what your clients do to the downtown area. Do the people who have to put up with being pan-handled have a say? How about the down-town business owners have a say?How about the police department who must increase resources in the area, do they have a say? And since you house sex offenders, do the local parents have a say? I could do this all day Mr. Fox. And whether anybody believes in what you do or not we are a community and this is America so everybody has a say. Especially when your actions effect everyone in said community. I like the idea of moving the shelter to a less populated area. It would benefit the shelter because you could produce food and help instill a work ethic and self respect into there hearts. And the downtown area could be more hospitable to businesses as well as consumers.
Seeking your support in amending the sentencing guidelines for possession of child pornography offenses for first time, non-contact offenders
Note: Also, please do not submit back with this form. However, only mail it in at the address above the two combined forms. If you would rather have the documents sent as two separate entities just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday, August 15, 2011
Please contact this falsely accused male if you have any more questions or would like to assist him. Email email@example.com
A. A History of sex offender laws in America
B. wo profits from the sex offender laws in America and their histories
C.Do the sex offender laws work and are they constitutional?
D. Innocent victims of the sex offender laws. Spouses and children.
E. Who is registered under the S/O laws and how does this affect recidivism?
F. (conclusion) Is thier a Better alternative?
I am also working with places like wikileaks and others so we can try to get an international publishing of things if we can get this right.
Saturday, August 13, 2011
Friday, August 12, 2011
Thursday, August 11, 2011
Tuesday, August 9, 2011
Repost - "The Second Chance Act Amendments of 7/21/2011 Excluding Sex Offenders: REINSTATE sex offenders back into The Second Chance Act of 2011"
Monday, August 8, 2011
Massachusetts top court finds constitutional problems with state law barring certain sex offenders from nursing homes
"The Second Chance Act Amendments of 7/21/2011 Excluding Sex Offenders: REINSTATE sex offenders back into The Second Chance Act of 2011"
Terry @ NJVoices/RSOL
Sunday, August 7, 2011
"One of the most prevailing myths driving tougher sex offender legislation is the 100,000 missing sex offender myth. This article (link above) addresses the history of the myth, questions the accuracy of the myth, and explains what it really means to be “non-compliant.” This article also summarizes the few studies on this myth and determines the number of registrants who are truly 'non-compliant.'" ~Derek Logue
Saturday, August 6, 2011
Friday, August 5, 2011
Thursday, August 4, 2011
Wednesday, August 3, 2011
Gotta love this one! What a farce the registry is...and crazed hysteria. A false sense of security, ha, is right! Don't worry I have a feeling that everyone will eventually be scrutinized and judged the same, and others will fear in what their past has brought them thus far.
Tuesday, August 2, 2011
Monday, August 1, 2011
One To See Change Past Posts
- ► 2016 (210)
- ► 2015 (194)
- ► 2014 (113)
- ► 2013 (154)
- ► 2012 (507)
- Sex Offender Issues: AL - Sex offender program for...
- Reform Sex Offender Laws September Digest, 2011
- OK - The Freedom Project Attorney David Slane
- Sayings from SO Issues
- Through the Eyes of the Offender: Now they are pun...
- Sex Offender Registries Don't Work - On The Media
- CA bill seeks to raise bar on parole for lifers
- NJ -Neighbors take AA concerns to Nutley BOE
- IL - Stateline Neighborhood Mob Works to Keep Sex ...
- DE - Task force not getting to root of society's v...
- FL - Child's Legal Father, a Sex Offender, and Gra...
- 'A good gamble to make' for Stamps
- Sex Offenders Can't Go Into Wayne County Schools
- Sex offenders displaced by suspicious fire - WHTM ...
- Ohio - Former Deputy Found Guilty Of Felony Sex Cr...
- Exiled in America
- Letters: Stranger Danger
- Internet Sex Crime Case In D.C. Raises Legal Issue...
- MI - Judge Removes Man From Sex Offender Registry ...
- Evicted from their homes in Delaware
- ACLU fighting for Ex Offenders Delaware Fox News
- RSOL 2011 National Conference
- Forwarded info on Upcoming March in Washington
- MA - Topic: D.C. Circuit Upholds Sex-Offender Regi...
- Schools tighten policies - Registered sex offender...
- "To Catch A Predator" Judge Dismisses Sex Case Say...
- Be aware of sex offenders - Interesting????
- Iowa Prison Officials To Recalculate Sentences Of ...
- Govt eyes tightening laws for sex crimes
- Inquiry ordered as law lags behind teen sexting
- Police get judge's OK to evict sex offenders near ...
- New Site Found - Registrationx.net
- Where to put Oregon
- Tampa FL - Are kids at risk near sex offender?
- Sex Offender Issues: OK - Repeat sex offender on t...
- Dixon: New Missouri law makes teaching more diffic...
- GA - Megan’s Law group available for help with inf...
- Reducing Recidivism: The Challenge of Successful P...
- U.S. v. DOYLE - Filed: August 16, 2011.
- What Judith Levine is Really Saying
- AG Cooper: NC sex offender registry not in complia...
- Florida - ANDREWS v. STATE - Opinion filed August ...
- ‘The Closer,’ Season 7, Episode 6, ‘Home Improveme...
- Homeless shelter serves higher calling | panama, s...
- Colorado - Family members of sex offenders organiz...
- ACLU Lawsuit Moves to Keep Sex Offenders in House ...
- Seeking your support in amending the sentencing gu...
- Fear without Function: Do Sex Offender Registries ...
- More kids sexting: SA police
- OH - City issues order against controversial homel...
- OH - Stop bringing sex offenders to Mansfield
- 29 year old male, falsely accused of rape - Here's...
- Videos and documents needed
- DAVIS v. STATE - August 11, 2011.
- Neighborhood watch steps up patrols near sex offen...
- The Chomo Gremlin
- Schools wrestle teens texting, social media use
- CANADA - Crack, not sex urges, behind crime: lawye...
- Ireland - Child sex duo fail to halt review of job...
- Federal judge hears arguments about sex offender r...
- Neighborhood Looks To Ban Sex Offenders - Orlando ...
- Alabama's final version of the new SORNA law... al...
- Is the crime of "Failure to Register" a crime of m...
- Bombing, Attempted Murder due Sex Offender Registr...
- Sex Offender Issues: TX - So why did this reporter...
- Miss - Immigration issues ranked 'epic fail' in U....
- Heat damages medical supplies stored in ambulances...
- GA - Augusta sex offender asks to get off state li...
- Missouri - 85 currently on Webster County’s sex of...
- Families of Sex Offenders - Daily Strength
- NY - NYPD's Social Media Unit Will Track Criminals...
- Stand Up and Fight for Your Rights in Louisiana
- Repost - "The Second Chance Act Amendments of 7/21...
- Should Sussex Limit Where Sex Offenders Can Live?
- SHSU studies GPS monitoring of Arizona sex offende...
- The Daily Mail > News > County, NYS on collision c...
- STATE v. RABER - Dated: August 8, 2011.
- Court rules state can't ban sex offenders from nur...
- Missouri Teachers Seek Clarity on New Law Prohibit...
- Sex Offenders: 1 Supervision Officers: 0
- Massachusetts top court finds constitutional probl...
- Handbook of Sex Offender Treatment - Corrections &...
- "The Second Chance Act Amendments of 7/21/2011 Exc...
- National Post editorial board: Even the lowest of ...
- Addressing the 100,000 Missing Sex Offenders myth ...
- MA - Molotov cocktail thrown through the window of...
- Miracle Park - Make donation
- The Agenda - Grinding America Down (Off Topic)
- UT - Wrongly convicted man shares story of faith, ...
- IL - Sex offender limits to stay as is - Beacon Ne...
- Dad Sent To Jail For Threatening Daughter’s Sex Of...
- The Crime Analyst's Blog: Federal Sex Offender Law...
- CA - Realignment Might Be Good For Cars - But Is C...
- The Jessica's Law Nightmare in California: Are All...
- Housing Sex Offenders Work Group Meeting Minutes –...
- Liberty County Juvenile Probation Center hosts awa...
- Thylane Loubry Blondeau 10 yr old Sex Symbol?
- 72 Charged in Online Global Child Porn Ring
- 3 Boys, Sex with a teen girl in the back seat
- IL - Illinois 'Romeo And Juliet' Law Would Take Yo...
- ▼ August (119)
One to See Change Blog List
Former Sex Offenders Won’t Qualify to Haul Garbage - I started reading a hopeful story about a Florida company called WastePro, that was initiating a program to help the formerly convicted find work. The comp...1 day ago
Author Q & A with Sarah McMahon discussing “Campus Sexual Assault: Future Directions for Research” - *McMahon, S., Wood, L., Cusano, J., & Macri, L .M. (2018). Campus Sexual Assault: Future Directions for Research. Sexual Abuse. iFirst.* http://journals.s...2 days ago
We’re Putting Sex Offender Stamps on Passports. Here’s Why It Won’t Curb Sex Tourism & Trafficking. - We’re Putting Sex Offender Stamps on Passports. Here’s Why It Won’t Curb Sex Tourism & Trafficking.1 week ago
Hudson man charged with attacking sex offender with ax - *11-22-17 Wisconsin:* Authorities allege a rural Hudson man on Tuesday attacked a sex offender for the second time since 2016 — this time going after a co...1 week ago
If you are a freezing registrant, even churches are willing to leave you out in the cold - Who would Jesus leave out in the cold? This news story is a miserable story to start the new year. ADDENDUM: The church in the story published a FB post, [...2 weeks ago
Voting for the 2017 Shiitake Awards January 1, 2018 through January 31, 2018 - https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/XLFLZBF -- The 2017 Shiitake Awards is finally here, click the link to cast your ballot today! Below is the list of finalis...2 weeks ago
Kentucky State Rep. Dan Johnson dies of self-inflicted gunshot wound in Mt. Washington - *12-14-17 Kentucky:* LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- Kentucky State Rep. Dan Johnson, who was under investigation for alleged sexual molestation, died from a si...5 weeks ago
Children on Sex Offender Registries at Greater Risk for Suicide Attempts, Study Suggests - *National:* Other risks to children on registries include: Sexual assault, Being approached by an adult for sex, and Mental health problems *Source:* J...5 weeks ago
Child Safety at Sea: Freed and Stuart Talk Cruise Policies to Protect Kids - *4-24-17 National:* Protecting kids at sea has been a hot topic of late, as some major cruise lines have adjusted their pool policies to add lifeguards. M...8 months ago
"If we’ve learned anything . . . it’s that we need to slow down the rush to judgment . . . ." - Laura Kipnis, professor, Northwestern University, urges the Northwestern community not to rush to judgment on an alleged sexual assault. Here's a letter sh...11 months ago
Alive, just been busy busy - Just another quick post that things are well, just settled into a new life down here in the Keystone State with all the positives and negatives that come w...3 years ago
Inside HSCA Guest Blog, MJ Wylie: UDI Marks a Turning Point in Healthcare - *This blog is excerpted from its original post at Today's Medical Developments.* The U.S. medical device industry continues to innovate, producing sophis...3 years ago
~Adlia Stevenson U.S. Vice President (1893–1897) and Congressman (1879–1881)
On a Personal Note
As you know, many young men and women lives across the nation are being destroyed by incarceration, life-time registry and restrictive laws that do more harm than good. For those individuals, there is no second chance.
Below is a personal letter to President Obama:
* * * *
“Dear President Obama,
I truly agree with your sentiments that individuals, such as ex-felons, should be able to receive a second chance at life. Since we all know that one can veer off that path of life and travel along rough, rocky terrain, sometimes running off and ending up in some ditch. We all have made our fill of mistakes and sometimes those held a costly consequence that changed life forever. So we lived through it, trying harder to make things right with family, friends and those around us, but what about those who aren’t able to make things right even if they tried…because they’re labeled as too dirty, a leper, a person who is rejected from society and home.
But what if they’re a seventeen year old and had sex with a fifteen year old, consensual at that? Or they’re a teen that had gotten so enraged after a breakup that he sent out naked pictures of his girlfriend on his cell phone or email? Or an individual urinates where someone just happens to see them?
All are wrong and a travesty but do they deserve the life of no second chance with a registry that ends all. They are labeled, no jobs, no where to live…they have been deemed a menace to society, a plague. These certain circumstances, and many other situations similar to these, I believe still deserve a second change.
Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution
Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
After my son’s early release and two years of prison, I thought I had handled that fact graciously knowing after serving his time he would be able to get that fresh start, that second chance. He was an exemplary inmate, GED, college courses and vocational classes. Little did I know that a second chance on the outside was the farthest from the truth? He now struggles and lives in a trailer park sharing a trailer with another and surrounded by others in the same rocking boat, one to float endlessly in shark infested waters. I see him little because of probation requirements (he couldn’t live with us because we were 800 feet near a school). My family is afraid of what would happen to them if he lived with them…vigilantism. My son has no other place to stay since others condemn him of his crime that is screamed from the highest rooftop. Sex offender, sex offender!
Not all sex offenders are pedophiles or predators but some are simply young kids that make one stupid and rash decision that eventually changes everything, and they have no idea what they’ve done until their life is never their own. Exactly, where is that second chance for those sex-offenders who are lumped together with pedophiles and predators? Now, it makes me sick to think of my son’s future and many like him that are on the registry and many with no second chance…ever. I am asking you as a mother and as another concerned citizen of the United States that these laws are looked at again and taken into serious consideration in what they are doing to the Constitution of the United States, not for sex offenders in general but the future rights of every citizen, before anymore are put into effect. They unjustly strip an offender of their rights and place them in a guillotine that can be easily set off by anyone and at anytime. Where is the second chance for ex-sex offenders in the present, pending and future laws?”
* * * *
What truly saddens me is the weakness and deterioration of what the sex offense issue is doing to our once, great nation. Across Europe, others are seeing the injustice and disregard of rights, but we ignore this problem and it makes me wonder where humanity is heading….
We have become a hysterical society in which our latest witch-hunt is a sex offender--no matter his/her crime.
Below is a email sent from a foreign advocate to a father of a sex offender:
* * * *
“The tragic story of your son's death is just so sad that it's difficult to explain how. It was very hard to read your letters. It seems almost unbelievable that this can take place in a democracy! From our point of view, there is no justice in this. Not in any way: not for you, your son, the former girl friend – or even the state.
It is an abusive legal system. It seems barbaric. And we are so very sorry that this takes place. That's why it's so important for us to try to neutralize the debate with this…, hopefully making some changes. ….. to show the every day life of the sex offenders, trying to show how they keep on being punished, even after served prison time…..But we will for sure tell the story of the injustice that your son has been exposed to.”
* * * *
I appreciate everyone's commitment and backing to protect everyone's civil rights, plainly as noted in the Constitution of the United States and is presupposed, giving ALL men are “life, liberty and pursuit of happiness.”